causes of relief valve to be hot to touch

Seems to me you can plug those sensors in backwards. Been a while since I seen a stock sensor.

You can hook up the harness backwards to the FCA, which will command full pressure all the time.

If it is reading that plugged in or not it most likely is the wiring, get the sensor pigtail also from Jeff, could be on either side. On the thread I posted it tells how to ohm the wires out to help find which one it is.

Last edited:
I think the prv is shot usually if you blow them they don't usually heal back up. To me it sounds like the pressure is too high in the tuning . You probably got away with it with one pump because it couldn't keep up but with 2 it makes more then the stock valve can handle. I would have your tuner back the pressure down below 26000 max and see if that works but my guess is you will need a new valve too. I would give Todd at TC diesel a call and see what he thinks, he is pretty knowledgeable on this stuff and he makes high pressure valves

Yes the valve is likely shot now but because bits doing its job. The OP truck is commanding 27k with engine off and key on so the valve isn't the problem it seems.

By what he said.....reading max rail not commanding it. Open circuit to the rail sensor should read max pressure. If it's comanding max rail then tune phucky phucky.

I forgot i noticed last night watching the pids with key on engine off with rail sensor unplugged the scanner was showing exactly 5v for fuel pressure, while key on engine off sensor plugged in it read exactly 0v... same with it running and sensir plugged in, read exactly 0 v.

I forgot i noticed last night watching the pids with key on engine off with rail sensor unplugged the scanner was showing exactly 5v for fuel pressure, while key on engine off sensor plugged in it read exactly 0v... same with it running and sensir plugged in, read exactly 0 v.

That to me says bad sensor.

Problem solved! After triple checking connections, checking wires, and watching data with efi live I found the rail pressure sensor to he the fault. Replaced the sensor and all is good now. One of the big things that lead to this was with the old sensor it would read 27k rail pressure with key on engine off and scanner said sensor had 0v with with sensor plugged in key on engine off but 5v with it unplugged. With new sensor there was 0 rail pressure key on engine off as it should and 5v with it plugged up. Thanks for all the help everybody!