Central Ohio July Thread

Kevin says he'll be there. I'm not sure if Straley will be there or not, I haven't heard either way. There's more pulling up in Marysville for the Union County fair- Friday night.

How close are you guys to the Indiana border? Once I get some of my parts I'd like to make a run some time to see what she's got, but there really isn't anything or anybody around here, as far as drag racing goes.

you guys going out friday all I have to do is pick up the injector and install them tommarow(friday)

I am about 14 miles from the border just south of 70

I ordered the wrong part. The correct part will come in 3 days... sooooo long a wait. no drag racing friday night for me. :doh:

Hey- did I hear right that Double J ran an 11.8 last nite? If so conrats!

C'ya said:
Hey- did I hear right that Double J ran an 11.8 last nite? If so conrats!

How did you hear that? I didn't tell a soul on here or any other site because it was a crummy run (not so great 60') and I still don't have my second solenoid working. :doh:

didn't I see the number posted in your sig?? Thats where I saw it.

Lavon

There were 3 or 4 Dmaxes, 1 or 2 Dodges other than me, and 1 PS. That was my only pass of the evening and they wouldn't let me run again because I didn't have a fire jacket. :what: I could have went back out again and kept it above 12.0...but what fun is that when your just out to see how fast it'll go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdBqfTZu9Q

Note to self: If you run under 12.0 at KilKare...bring a fire jacket or else you'll be going home early. :doh:

Last edited:
ROFL!! Great video!! At least you could tell the Honda you gave him a 1/8mi head start! :hehe:

I keep thinking we should go over to Trails and get thrown off. I bet they haven't kicked a diesel off their track in a long time, if ever.

I'm looking forward to Columbus Racing's Norwalk trip. There's no limits imposed- helmets recommended if your in the 11's or quicker.

I'll be in KY next weekend having some loops built, but after that just let me know when and we'll go get booted out of Trails. :banned:

Cummins Express said:
wish I would have been there looked to much like rain down where to drive 2 hours and see

I didn't plan on going either due to the forecast, but after I got home from work and we still had blue skies....I said WTF and loaded up.

How did you hear that? I didn't tell a soul on here or any other site because it was a crummy run (not so great 60') and I still don't have my second solenoid working.
I talked with a kid at the pulls friday night that was at the track thursday night and he was telling me about this fast second gen Dodge and figured out it was you. He was driving a blue third gen and was getting irritated that his truck wasn't running faster. He said "I was getting tired of all these trucks beating me then when I saw that black dodge go 11.80s I said,**** this, I'm parking my truck!" I thought it was sort of funny-guess you really burst his bubble! Anyhow, congrats again!

Thanks. I do remember a blue 3rd Gen with "Straley" on the back window. I had know idea I made him hang it up for the night...thats funny. LOL

I'm going back out to Kilkare Thursday evening if anyone wants to meet up. I should be there around 5:30-5:45.

Bah. Got the truck running with 12.5 degrees timing. Rolled 12 more into it. It ran pretty good. Rolled 6 more into it and it won't start. Rolled back 6 and it won't start without holding the throttle on the floor. Rolled back 6 more and it still won't run without throttle input and smokes like a wheat stubble field on fire after a 6 month drought. :doh: Hopefully get it fixed tomorrow night. How late is Kilkare open on Thursdays?

9PM. That's the only bad thing. Well, that and you may only get two-three runs in because of the crowd.

I hope the two Z06s and the Viper are there this week. :poke:

Back