Change of heart-Fly by wire swap

I was having a difficult time calibrating my tachometer, i had given up for a bit. It was 500 rpms off when using timing gear t9r on the dakota digital. I was using a harness adapter from greys as a pickup from the CR ess. I reached out to dakotas tech support and they dialed me in. Here is what i have currently. The CR ess is in the Input, the purple wire from my 12v harness ess went to my diesel +, the grey and blk wire from my 12v ess harness I had in my tach normal and tach high voltage, I tried both before settling for high voltage. I sent the hertz data readings off the dakota app to tech support and I was instructed to try swapping to flywheel. After i did and played around with it she is dialed and spot on. I am stoked. Currently i have it on flywheel, and 118 and its dialed. On t9r i was maxing out the settings and not able to get the rpm low enough. Next up is AC and cruise control!!

Attachments

• 35ECE986-E9AD-4ADE-9CE5-EECF88841E2E (1).JPG
    35ECE986-E9AD-4ADE-9CE5-EECF88841E2E (1).JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 4
I created a problem in which the fuel pump relay cycling during a flash sequence was causing flyback current with an apparent failure of the apps input. My boards have both been modified to safeguard against this (beta tester) but I'm not sure the circuit change made it to production or not since the stand alone harness was the specific cause. I would be amused if this turned up after an ECM flash.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk
Did this issue occur with a suppression device (resistor/diode) installed in the fuel pump relay coil circuit?

. Another task I am researching and coming up with a game plan for is the AC system.

Very nice setup!
The next revamp of my 01 will include some of that CR action 😃.
I'm planning to relocate the a/c condenser to under the bed as part of that project. Id also like utilize a 3rd gen or some other higher capacity core with electric fans to increase overall system efficiency.

Did this issue occur with a suppression device (resistor/diode) installed in the fuel pump relay coil circuit?
A zener was placed in the circuit and I unhook the fuel pump during flashing. I feel like it must be somewhat isolated since I chose to ground the anteater and ECM in the same plane.

Very nice setup!
The next revamp of my 01 will include some of that CR action 😃.
I'm planning to relocate the a/c condenser to under the bed as part of that project. Id also like utilize a 3rd gen or some other higher capacity core with electric fans to increase overall system efficiency.
I have always been interested in the 03+ gas condensor setup. I debated doing something under the bed or other.. but it gets well over 100 here quite a bit. Hard to beat a good mechanical fan clutch and fan for air flow.