changing vp to P pump

explosives87

powder monkey
I am looking to see you guys to help me by putting a list of parts together to change out my vp to a p7100. I do have one other question would it be worth the time and money to change it if all I am looking for is a daily driver/towing rig? :umno:

Not in my eyes. It is beneficial when you are looking for high hp and high rpm's. The VP44 can make some good reliable power at moderate rpm. $.02

I agree...what do you have on the truck so far??

My dually was my daily driver for a year and a half after I did the conversion, until I bought my 12v truck. Been through moderately hot summers and cold winter and never missed a beat. Drove better than the Smarty/HRVP I was running. But thats a lot of money to lay down just to have a mild engine still.

While maybe after I do all of the mods that I want to do. I will look into the p pumping it. :rockwoot: So p pumping would ownly be with wild if I am looking for high horse power numbers?

What zare the rest of your plans?? I thoguht I saw another thread where you want to have twins and it's going to be a tow vehicle...

If it were me, and I am in the same boat, I would keep the VP for a tow vehicle, even with twins (my plan) and build another truck for high HP. Not that I an afford it, but that's what I'm doin.

just my two cents

who says you cant make alot of hp with a vp? you just have to be willing to take the time and spend the money

who says you cant make alot of hp with a vp? you just have to be willing to take the time and spend the money

True, but its a heck of a lot easier with a p-pump to get more power and rpm than with the vp.

You are both right and let's not argue about that here...

The question asked was "is the swap worth it for daily driver/tow rig?"

The simple answer is no. For the sake of mileage, smoke control and ease of tunability, the VP wins hands down over the p-pump. And I don't think this guy is going to need any variant of hopped up injection pump any time soon.

I am planning on twins, when I have the money to get them. :bang I am just trying find out if it is worth wild or not.

You could run some Mach 6's or 7's, a good supply pump, twins, comp drag and and make like 600 hp. Talk to Brett at www.TNT-POWER.com , one of there trucks made 620 on a similar setup.

I know that everyone is changing to a p pump, but what if you pass the p pump and go with a ve pump insted? :umno: