Cleaning up cruising/low boost smoke.

okish

I'm looking for ideas on cleaning up low boost/cruising smoke on my 02. This thing is almost undrivable on the street due to the smoke, you can see the smoke rolling out of the tail pipe just cruising around at low boost 5-10 psi. i have no idle haze and the smoke cleans up past 25-30 psi, only thing i can think of is that the injectors (ddp 150's that were just pop tested, cleaned, and flowed) are actually not 150's... or something is wrong with them. Any ideas? Think twins will clean these up and make them streetable/towable?

More specs on truck-turbo,other mods?

But the injectors are probably it

More specs on truck-turbo,other mods?

But the injectors are probably it

Specs should be in my sig, not sure why its not showing..... i'm thinking its the injectors.... maybe buy another set of 150's and send these out again.

There's no reason your truck should be smoking on the street. I've run a couple of different 150's and never had a problem with smoke. Especially when I had my 62/65/12. That setup should clear up long before 20-25psi.

Have you checked for boost leaks? How's your air filter look?

No boost leaks, I actually checked with a leak down tester to 60psi and saw no drop on the guages. The air filter is a BHAF, but ill try to run without it.

My 200's even before my cam with my 62/71/13 have never smoked around town. They have the slightest bit of haze at idle but clear up instantly. Either your injectors are bigger than 150's or something else is wrong. 150's shouldn't smoke around town.

What tune are you running on the adrenaline?

Im running 2000 series tunes, but even on level 0 and 1 it smokes like heck.

Oh, no blue smoke, not white, not gray.. Its black, rolls it out the tail pipe jusk cruising and getting up to speed. I can hammer on it and it will clean up past 25-30 psi.

Try downshifting? If you're lugging it at all it's going to smoke. Mine will put out some smoke when driving around and quite a bit when going up a hill at part throttle. Take it out of od and it will quit. This is with 150's, twins, and the adr as well.

Any codes? Check the MAP-sensor contacts and the Map-sensor itself.
I´ve got DDP 200´s and BD TowTwins and ADR which is totaly streetable with Comp and "Torque" tunes. But after som playing with some boxes I forgot to reconnect the MAP-sensor and it smoked like a F-Train...
Just a thought...

Had the same problem with smoke when my pump was going out. New pump fixed it.

Where'd'ya buy yer pump and how much?

My truck is embarrassing to drive with so much smoke. I cuss folks that fog everyone out...now I can't keep it from a happening! :hehe:

Who did the testing and cleaning of the injectors?

Check map connections like stated above!!!

Try downshifting? If you're lugging it at all it's going to smoke. Mine will put out some smoke when driving around and quite a bit when going up a hill at part throttle. Take it out of od and it will quit. This is with 150's, twins, and the adr as well.

I'm not lugging it at all, even at higher rpm's and light throttle it smokes.

Any codes? Check the MAP-sensor contacts and the Map-sensor itself.
I´ve got DDP 200´s and BD TowTwins and ADR which is totaly streetable with Comp and "Torque" tunes. But after som playing with some boxes I forgot to reconnect the MAP-sensor and it smoked like a F-Train...
Just a thought...

ADR reads the manifold pressure off the map sensor and its dead on.

I think we have the same issue. I'm thinking IP either has electronics failing or the timing adjust piston is worn. See:

VP is only 15k miles old with an airdog keeping it happy.

Who did the testing and cleaning of the injectors?

Check map connections like stated above!!!

DDP, did the testing and cleaning.

I run DDP 150's with very little smoke. Just a small amount when I try to take off to fast. Crusing around town no smoke at all.

I stop my smoke with the Comp pre-setting at 1 (must achieve 20 psi before extra fuel is added), light pedal and lots of rpm to keep it cleaned out.

I run DDP 150's with very little smoke. Just a small amount when I try to take off to fast. Crusing around town no smoke at all.

Yea, man. thats what i was expecting.... also, if i get on the throttle harder than normal i.e. like half throttle let the boost build and let off fast the truck will sometimes start loping soooo bad and will die sometimes too.... i have only experienced this with bigger injectors and a box set higher. that is with my quad on 0,1,2....
if i set it any higher and get off the throttle really quick the engine dies and its a hard start.