Cleaning up cruising/low boost smoke.

I don't. I've been through 3 in 60k miles. There are such things as bad pumps out of the box.

Have someone hook the little black box from cummins to isolate the IP from the ECM. It may save you the cost of an IP. I just posted this in my thread.

------------------------

Well, I think we are all wrong. :D I got in contact with a guy in town that has been the diesel tech for the dealer for a few years and he brought out a DRB. It found nothing. Then he unplugged the IP and plugged on a little box from Cummins and fired up the truck. The cummins box powers the IP seperate from the ECM and it idled like new. The box also has a high idle and it was crisp and clean also. The little black box won't let us test drive as the IP is isolated from the ECM, but I think I've lost ANOTHER ECM. So, I would like to find one I can borrow for a test drive before I buy a new one. I got this used one from Bob Wagoner for a great price but I think I've learned my lesson with used electronics. So, I want to try one before I drop 300-500 on a new one. Beats a grand for an IP don't it! I'm stoked....j/k..it is still half a grand. :hehe:

Does anyone have an ECM I can borrow for a test drive for an 02 6-speed? I'll glady pay shipping both ways and get it back to you ASAP.

THANKS TO POWER RAM 4X4...my newly found LOCAL diesel tech!!!!!