Close call at the Scheid event.....

reaction time helped more that the timeslip on that pass!
he did a good job keeping it off the wall too! :clap:

"Any pass you can walk away from is a good one"

Last edited:
just seeing thsoe two rides lined up next to each other makes my underwear tight.

I missed all the action! You should have put rearview mirrors on it Tucker.

I missed all the action! You should have put rearview mirrors on it Tucker.

Yep, it's hard to think of everything. Have you had it out on the hyway for a good cruise yet? Little bouncy but not to bad, even got about 5 or 6 mpg. But as we now know that's all fixing to change, can't wait for Topeka! You ready...

Ryan

[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=213590892028004"]Incompatible Browser | Facebook[/ame]

A 5.75 pass was less than expected but very gratefull it was a great light and decant 60' to be out of his way.....also thankful John was able to keep his out of the wall, hopefully we get to do it again pretty soon! Good job driving to both.

Tucker

Goodness that was close , thank god matt treed my ass..lol it wouldn't have hurt anybody but it would have messed up some equipment for sure. A fitting that was going to our racepak was the culprit ... It came apart as soon as boost went up & we had water under the left tire....chit happens and I thank god it wasn't down track when it did. I got lucky that he left first & I also got lucky that it didn't happen on the 5.44 pass
That's 2 times Matt wins.... Good job buddy.

Goodness that was close , thank god matt treed my ass..lol it wouldn't have hurt anybody but it would have messed up some equipment for sure. A fitting that was going to our racepak was the culprit ... It came apart as soon as boost went up & we had water under the left tire....chit happens and I thank god it wasn't down track when it did. I got lucky that he left first & I also got lucky that it didn't happen on the 5.44 pass
That's 2 times Matt wins.... Good job buddy.

John, you've had issue after issue this year. I attended the NHRDA event in Wittmann, AZ where it seemed like you guys fought tire shake on every pass. I would be very frustrated if I was in your shoes.

Congrats on staying positive and working out the small issues on that funny car. One of these days, you'll click off a bunch of 7 second 1/4 mile passes and you'll be the talk of the town!

Probably going to talk out my a$$ here but do any of you have a Quality Assurance person on you crew, I person that does not work on said issue with watches over those that do!

Jim

Absolutely Jim....but it was no fault of my crew....the fitting physically came apart. The nhra has made us spend an extra 10 bucks on each of these water lines by having them tested & tagged, we felt it was bullett proof. We didn't consider the sensor though. We are actually going to just take it off ....

:Cheer:John that was some awesome driving sir, glad to see all equipment and personel is ok:Cheer:

Looks like John got sucked into the vacuum of the altered! LOL

Ha, I like that. Na he was fighting issues thats just part of racing, these damn Altered's and funny cars are Much harder to get down track than most would ever believe. A rear engine car is a Cadillac as to compair even as a ridgid. Something Very fun, frustrating, challanging, and silly about craming that much weight and torque out front of a light 125" chassis car. A 4 link rear engine car from about 235-275" is what would be a piece of cake 'as to compair'. Maybe its just me but out of All drag racing the most exciting to watch run has also been: Fuel Altereds, Funny Cars, and Pro Mods; thier all a hand full at 125" and fun as hell to drive! And nearly as fun to watch.....

Tucker

Last edited:
Puckered just a little bit watching that. Glad nobody got hurt and both vehicles made it out cleanly. Nice driving in the funny car to keep it off the left wall. :clap:

I can't believe no one has video of the tractor that broke loose from the sled and almost took out the flagman. That was a good one

Back