Close Race in Douglas, Wyoming

pbft

Curmudgeon
The current Division 1 Sportsman ET points leader Ryan Dubois and I met in Round 3 of the Jackalope Diesel Nationals. Check out our RT's, Dial vs ET's, and especially the Margin of Victory (.0008). Win or lose, this is the best race I've ever had. I crunched some numbers and came up with a Distance of Victory of 1.274". Sure wish there was a photo finish camera, what a picture that would be.

Jim

Close-Race.jpg

Jim,
Congrats on that round (as well as the runner-up)! Wow, that is a close race! Should be a good rematch in Portland on the 24th!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

That was an amazing race. Congrats to both you guys. The diesel bracket racers are sure getting tough.

wow thats as close to a photo finish as you can get, congrats guys, thats awesome side by side racing

That's the best bracket race I ever seen. Hell of a race. Congratulations guys.

The current Division 1 Sportsman ET points leader Ryan Dubois and I met in Round 3 of the Jackalope Diesel Nationals. Check out our RT's, Dial vs ET's, and especially the Margin of Victory (.0008). Win or lose, this is the best race I've ever had. I crunched some numbers and came up with a Distance of Victory of 1.274". Sure wish there was a photo finish camera, what a picture that would be.

Jim

View attachment 25976

sounds like the race in sac we had. .076 to .074 reactions but I broke out by.03

sounds like the race in sac we had. .076 to .074 reactions but I broke out by.03

I remember that race. You went steaming by me and I thought I was toast.

I had one of those races at Medicine Hat, AB 2 years ago. I broke out by .002 against Augusta. I still can't understand why she was so pleased....

Jim

I remember that race. You went steaming by me and I thought I was toast.

I had one of those races at Medicine Hat, AB 2 years ago. I broke out by .002 against Augusta. I still can't understand why she was so pleased....

Jim

I had been running so consistent all day and when I went around you at the finish I was happy till I saw your win light come on.. I guess it cooled off enough that it made a little more power.

I had been running so consistent all day and when I went around you at the finish I was happy till I saw your win light come on.. I guess it cooled off enough that it made a little more power.

I had one of those races as well in Ashcroft, BC. In 2006 I had gone out in the 1st round 5 races in a row. In this race my competition bogged and died on the starting line. I looked back and was soooo pleased. I went steaming through the lights and my win light did not come on. I broke out.... That's when I really learned how to throw out the anchor.

Jim

Yes Jim that race was very close the last time i saw that kinda margin of victory i was in a super pro race. I will see you in Portland.

my girl races in top dragster and the anouncer was saying it takes .0200 to blink, there was about 4 races that round the were descided by less than .006.. we lost by .oo4. and even that was less than a foot at 190mph.. good racing guys.

Yes Jim that race was very close the last time i saw that kinda margin of victory i was in a super pro race. I will see you in Portland.

Ryan,

I'm looking forward to Portland as well. There will be some stiff competition with Paul Breedlove and his better half, Patty Caceres in attendance. I'll be in Redding next weekend tuning up for Portland.

Jim

I'm borrowing a page from Paul's book, and teaching my girlfriend to race too. She'll probably race my truck at the Portland race, while I run my Jetta. She raced for the first time yesterday at Woodburn. She's still getting used to it, but she will be a killer once she gets the hang of it. I set up my practice tree to simulate my truck on a shallow stage, which requires you to leave towards the end of the 2nd amber being on (NOT an easy spot to time consistently). She had four perfect lights within a few minutes of practice. She didn't do quite that well on the track since she was nervous, but we're going to run a test and tune night before the race. She did get to run against an 8.40 car in consolation bracket, so she also got to see what it was like judging the stripe against a really fast car (or truck).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back