Common Rail in a Superduty!

Did you keep the original tranny or swap in the NV5600 along with the Cummins?? I ask since a 5600 will take more speed shifting, gear grinding, snatch it in gear abuse than you think........trust me :evil

Here's an older 466 in an older (93-97) F350. It can be done, not sure where the radiator wentLOL

Attachments

• twinsDT466Ford2sized.jpg
    twinsDT466Ford2sized.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 104
I got the parts from:

Autoworldmt.com
-motor mounts
-accessory mounting brackets
-tach adapter

Ford Cummins
-ZF tranny adapter

Destroked
-Throttle cable adapter
-(soon to have) oil filter relo kit

So, I've pretty much *****d myself out.

So, I still have the ZF6....since I already spent buckoo bucks on the 3860 Dual Disc from South Bend Clutch.

BigBadDodge said:
Very nice Denny, can't wait to see it :)

BBD

right on...cruise on up here then!

so, what's your next project now?

Thanks Dale for the props!

Burner said:
If there was a Ford to have..... that's it.:rockwoot: That REALLLY looks good! Can we have some in's and out's of how different the truck is/feels?

Well, right now, with an Edge EZ, it pulls about as hard as my PSD with a low HP chip. It's got a siht ton more low end throttle response, and no longer sounds like a sewing machine. Off idle torque comes on more immediately, and it sounds like of cool.

As for fuel economy, it hasn't really picked up yet. But it cold be the gearing, as the PSD was optimized for the regeared 4.10's. The CTD could like being spun a little faster, so with 4.56's, it might return some better fuel economy.

Burner said:
I'd vote that truck for "Comp" truck of the year, just because.

I don't know about that, but it'd be super cool! Then there's Kai...my competition.....:kick: :hehe:

No competition Denny, just members of a very elite group:woohoo: that is probably going to grow in numbers once the fear factor is taken out of these swaps.

94ttss said:
No competition Denny, just members of a very elite group:woohoo: that is probably going to grow in numbers once the fear factor is taken out of these swaps.
I think the biggest fear is getting the instrument cluster to work with it.

smokin binder said:

I'm just starting that part of the swap, and although all those wires look intimidating, I'm told it's not as bad as it looks. I'll let you know once I get further into it.

Timbeaux38 said:
Oh, you dont know?????

It's a DMax project, right?

smokin binder said:

Yeah, no competition...just members of the elite..we build the truck that everyone wants!!!!

And yeah, the instrument cluster is the easy part actually. you use all the Ford parts and PCM to run the dash!

ha-ha!

I ask since a 5600 will take more speed shifting, gear grinding, snatch it in gear abuse than you think........trust me :evil

You would know about the scratch-it-in [check that; grind-it-in] shifting and the ever famous "uh...uh, I missed a gear!" :charger:

Awsome job looks really nice . You gonna make it to the norcal diesel rally this year with it ?

Thanks Bob. =) It sure has. The Smarty TNT totally rocked!!!

Just watched the video...

I can't compete with that... 'Course mine is still stock. :kick:

Nice rig by the way.

Thanks...bit by bit, it will all come together. Trust me. =)

Awsome job looks really nice . You gonna make it to the norcal diesel rally this year with it ?

I don't have the time off, and the truck isn't quite where I want it to be just yet....maybe next year, when I have more vacation time!