Comp Turbo

Jordan Koehn

Does anyone have any input on Comp Turbo? I'm looking for a small turbo for a compound setup. Their 64/65 .7 looks like a perfect fit for what I want. A ht4c would be the atmosphere turbo.

It looks like people either love them or hate them online after doing some research. Thanks.

I know Trent Neil at what was EPR was starting to try them with his dmax.
He blew one up in his Tripple setup on the dyno at edge days 2 years ago tho.

Been running them since 2010, had a few hiccups initially but they made it right and all has been good ever since. Great turbos, spool up is awesome! Justin and Joe will take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save your coin. You will be disappointed. I have a 75 / 88 here I'll give you for $100. Never ran since back from them Jokers. Turbos suck bad. Turbo just needs a turbine housing. Billet wheel, triple ball bearing. S400 frame size.

Ok, I really really hate turbos and the company's that make them. Too many different stories.
But I'm trading my single 72/83 for it so I'm gonna try it. Guess I can still back out tho...

They seem cheap for what they are, but thats the reason why. They are junk.

I had a ct43 that one turbine wheel blade just decided to blow off, a ct5/6 hybrid they built that the v band compressor housing outlet just cracked off due to horrible casting / machining, and a ct6 that the bearings ate **** after 2k miles. Never again will I ever buy anything from there.

Save your coin. You will be disappointed. I have a 75 / 88 here I'll give you for $100. Never ran since back from them Jokers. Turbos suck bad. Turbo just needs a turbine housing. Billet wheel, triple ball bearing. S400 frame size.

I'll take it!!

I'll give you $200!
Curious what Comp told you when you had all these issues..? They have been very informative and easy to deal with so far for me. The only bad stuff i hear is with their oil less design and proper turbine housing sizing.
As far as their price they designed and build all their own stuff except the turbine housings so i'm sure that cuts cost down to the public.
I have a ctz5 80/87 that i will be using on my truck.
jaqema7a.jpg

Bump. No one has any experience with them?

Here's a 1/8mile video you can hear the turbo's.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8cIybUelZc&list=UUZSeO3wizZRvDpC0mFUkSNw&index=20&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8cIybUelZc&list=UUZSeO3wizZRvDpC0mFUkSNw&index=20&feature=plcp[/ame]

100-trim blade designs belong on axial systems, not radial systems. And anyone that bought into the idea that a 100-trim radial turbine wheel would spool faster, obviously does not understand the concept.

100-trim blade designs belong on axial systems, not radial systems. And anyone that bought into the idea that a 100-trim radial turbine wheel would spool faster, obviously does not understand the concept.

What do you mean axial/radial? I assume you are reffering to the turbine wheel design, where axial would be a larger inducer smaller exducer like an 83/74 turbine. Radial would be where the inducer would be the same as the exducer like an 83/83 turbine.

Would I be correct in the assumption that each turbine has their place, the straight turbine design would be for peak power applications with sustained high rpm? Where the radial turbine would be better for street use where the rpm is constantly fluxuating. Or does it all depend on the right trim for the application that the engine is being used for?

I'll give you $200!
Curious what Comp told you when you had all these issues..? They have been very informative and easy to deal with so far for me. The only bad stuff i hear is with their oil less design and proper turbine housing sizing.
As far as their price they designed and build all their own stuff except the turbine housings so i'm sure that cuts cost down to the public.
I have a ctz5 80/87 that i will be using on my truck.
jaqema7a.jpg

What have you heard about there oil-less design?? OR better what have you seen wrong with it??

When you get the chance to run the 80/87 I would like to know how it does.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have "heard" of quick bearing failure, nothing solid besides a few saying so. They are big in smaller chargers in imports mostly it seems.

Truck just got started for the first time with the new setup, of course were expecting some stupid snow storm now so it will just set till it clears up. I'll report back though.

Thanks for the information. I would like to know how the comp turbo you have last for you.

I have heard scary things about them... Just do not want to buy one to test it then have it fail.