compound turbos

I made a plate and welded the pipe into it. The pipe sticks into the oil pan a little and has a oring on the pipe between the plate and oil pan. I also used good silicone and the plate is held in place with 4 self tapping screws into the pan. Been this way a couple years now with no problems. Just be careful when you drill the oil pan to get all the shavings out.

Thats a dang good idea.

album.php

One of the compound set ups. This is on my brothers 12v in his 97 f350

How many 12v's actually have the (STORM) blocks I don't really recall ever seeing one. Also the 12v filter head doesn't have the side port like CR or 6.7 like Ron's. The fitting is 1/8th NPT. Also don't combine the 2 drains keeping oil flowing is key. I like GW's idea of the plate over bung in the pan. What turbos are you running?
Sean

How many 12v's actually have the (STORM) blocks I don't really recall ever seeing one. Also the 12v filter head doesn't have the side port like CR or 6.7 like Ron's. The fitting is 1/8th NPT. Also don't combine the 2 drains keeping oil flowing is key. I like GW's idea of the plate over bung in the pan. What turbos are you running?
Sean

My brothers 96 block isn't a storm, but my 98 block is a storm block.

Look for the junker drag truck thread on the competition section of the board. I think around page 16-20 Big Blue has a nice write up of how to punch a hole in the tank, thread in a fitting, and use epoxy to seal it which allows you to keep the pan on the truck and keep from getting any shavings inside the pan. Most likely this is what I will do when I go to install my drain.

That's kind of what I figured about the blocks. I haven't encountered too many in 12v's. I will have to double check but I don't think my 97 has one. Sounds like it's about the same odds as finding a 53 block in a 12v.

I'll have to look into that hole punch solution. Seems like another good ticket, anything to avoid dropping the pan or drilling.
Sean

That's kind of what I figured about the blocks. I haven't encountered too many in 12v's. I will have to double check but I don't think my 97 has one. Sounds like it's about the same odds as finding a 53 block in a 12v.

I'll have to look into that hole punch solution. Seems like another good ticket, anything to avoid dropping the pan or drilling.
Sean

Are buddy said he was gonna do it with a hole saw and grease to keep the shavings from getting in then he was gonna run diesel threw the pan to make sure it was clean cause the engine is in the truck.. don't know if that helps anyone lol .. he is a fabricator, I just come up with the **** for him to build!!

Sean

My 97 Storm block, is also a 53 block.

Do us a favor and pull up a chair, devote a few hours to READING and SEARCHING.

Minimum....

To the OP- I'm new here and probably read an average of two hours a day on here and still haven't scratched the surface on the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Here's a thread regarding your question. Hope it helps and good luck.

12v twin turbo owners, how did you do your 2nd oil drain? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

To the OP- I'm new here and probably read an average of two hours a day on here and still haven't scratched the surface on the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Here's a thread regarding your question. Hope it helps and good luck.

12v twin turbo owners, how did you do your 2nd oil drain? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Thanks for that and I read all day on here just can't search by phone. And I was at the point of needing an answer to keep building but thanks and the people have helped a bounch!!

Thanks for that and I read all day on here just can't search by phone. And I was at the point of needing an answer to keep building but thanks and the people have helped a bounch!!

There's more information on here than most people know what to do with. If you search Google with the words Competition Diesel in the title of what you're looking for it makes it a lot easier. You'll probably find half a dozen threads on any given topic.

And as you can see by my post count I clearly don't have anything to contribute to this site, I just sit back and :pop:.

There's more information on here than most people know what to do with. If you search Google with the words Competition Diesel in the title of what you're looking for it makes it a lot easier. You'll probably find half a dozen threads on any given topic.

And as you can see by my post count I clearly don't have anything to contribute to this site, I just sit back and :pop:.

I just like to be involved. Its the best way to learn. Plus I think we got good info on this thread even if it was started with a stupid question that would have been answered with better search skills.. I have start the Google search method thanks to people in forming me of that way.. thanks for the info!!!

CompD is not a place to get answers to questions.

We are here to help you learn, to think for yourself, to reason, and understand what you need to do.

If you have a thin skin or just want answers, there are other forums for you.

This is the YellowBullet of diesel forums, it ain't for everyone, and we like it that way.

CompD is not a place to get answers to questions.

We are here to help you learn, to think for yourself, to reason, and understand what you need to do.

If you have a thin skin or just want answers, there are other forums for you.

This is the YellowBullet of diesel forums, it ain't for everyone, and we like it that way.

I like it the way it is keeps it fun. But people do get upset to easy. Like you said nothing is gonna come easy and no one is gonna do your work for you here...

Back