compounds on a 6.0

Sandman9

is there a way to make a set of compound on a 6.0? if so can you explain how its done/show pics? also i have a ht3b cummins turbo that is suppose to be for my truck but i think my dad needs it more than i do. can i use it or would i have to get something different?
thanks for the help.
-Cory

It is done the same way it is on a cummins. Packaging is the challenge. Find a good spot to put the primary and start connecting turbos. There are kits available for quite a bit of $$$. Look at the different systems and decide if you like how they are packaged and go from there. I would think that the ht3b would work you could also look at a S475. The S475 can be bought new for ~$600.
Good luck.

thanks for the reply. i was just thinkin maybe take the spot of the airbox? but im not sure. maybe we should just buy a new single

I was wanting to do a set of towing twins on a 7.3 and found limited info on a build. There doesn't seem to be much out there for the powerstroke guys.

Black widow diesel has twins you can look at. Dmax guys put it on the passenger fender. Powerstroke guys seem to mount theirs on top of the motor and make it even more of a cluster f!#K than it already is.

I was wanting to do a set of towing twins on a 7.3 and found limited info on a build. There doesn't seem to be much out there for the powerstroke guys.

Black widow diesel has twins you can look at. Dmax guys put it on the passenger fender. Powerstroke guys seem to mount theirs on top of the motor and make it even more of a cluster f!#K than it already is.

stay away from black widow.

Garrett

thanks for all the info guys. so canadianredneck would you be willing to send some pics or your setup?
also wondering what size of a singe do you guys usually run?

those fords really are a cluster F***! just doing the intercooler system and water meth was a pain in my ass

It is done the same way it is on a cummins. Packaging is the challenge. Find a good spot to put the primary and start connecting turbos. There are kits available for quite a bit of $$$. Look at the different systems and decide if you like how they are packaged and go from there. I would think that the ht3b would work you could also look at a S475. The S475 can be bought new for ~$600.
Good luck.

There are quite a few ways of arranging compounds but the turbo's will need to be different. Ford's don't run like the dodges.

those fords really are a cluster F***! just doing the intercooler system and water meth was a pain in my ass

Buddy if you think doing that simple crap was a pain in the ass stay away from even trying to build a set of compounds on a 6.0L

If it's a pain in your ass...your connected to the wrong hole...:hehe:

.......just saying............

:hehe::hehe:

I have never done it but it can be done. There a couple of people on here with them. Matter of Turbo Placement since its a V8 not a I6.

thanks for all the info guys. so canadianredneck would you be willing to send some pics or your setup?

Here is a photo of one of our experimental towing compounds.
Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

also wondering what size of a singe do you guys usually run?
For a single, it is important to match with the fueling you have. The 6.0's don't like to have an oversized charger.

Back