compounds on a 6.0

I agree- best looking kit I've seen on a 6.0 to date! glad they are coming together and getting a bit more sano under the hood each build!!
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Looks awefully fancy in there. See you guys this week for deranged's twins.

So you're goig to attemptcompounds on your Dad's truck to fix this issue ?
Sandman9 said:
my dad has a 06 6.0 and we are trying so very had to keep this thing cool. the egts are just way too high. he bought it used (if 20,000 miles is used) and are not sure what is done to it. i have a strong feeling its stacked programer and chip with some injectors because even with the edge off it still dumps smoke and has quite a bit of power. anyways we just put in a banks intercooler system and some water meth and it only dropped the egts about 150* so now we are thinking turbo. that stock one will only put out about 28 even with the edge on 35psi. but at WOT its really really smoky still. so i was just wondering what turbo you would recomend. he wants a turbonetics one.
thanks for all your help and sorry its so long.
-Cory

Have you checked the truck out and found out WHY it's doing what it's doing or are you just gonna throw random parts at in in an attempt to fix a problem that you don't yet know what is ?

Just curious.

Have you checked the truck out and found out WHY it's doing what it's doing or are you just gonna throw random parts at in in an attempt to fix a problem that you don't yet know what is ?

Just curious.

How high of egts is he talking? High to me is 2000 degrees now...:bang:hehe:

Just curious.
i called wide open performance like you mentioned to me and they said that it is most likely injectors and to look into turbos....

How high of egts is he talking? High to me is 2000 degrees now...:bang:hehe:

it will hit 1600in a heart beat. and the defueling is set at 1300 too. when he tows the boat is the worst. it overheats as well even after the water injection and a new intercooler system

Here is a photo of one of our experimental towing compounds.
Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

God that is sexy...:charger::woohoo:

Looks like someone took a page outta the 6.4 Book for turbo setup.

Yea, lot of piping though and moving of stock parts...I like that Trusted Performance kit keeps everything, minus the oil filter, in stock locations, and it going to be a bolt on kit that can be done with the cab on!

Yea, lot of piping though and moving of stock parts...I like that Trusted Performance kit keeps everything, minus the oil filter, in stock locations, and it going to be a bolt on kit that can be done with the cab on!

How do you add engine oil?

ya thats nice because i dont have a place to take the cab off ha

How do you add engine oil?

Passenger’s side oil fill is blocked like you think it is. The engine oil fill is now on the driver’s side right next to the ccv. So, the intake tubing needs to be removed, but it is there and isn't that big of a deal. Since we have flexible tubing on both sides of the spacer, the spacer comes out without having to remove the filter housing.

Just so everyone knows, our compounds are designed to be installed cab on. We retain the factory y-pipe, down pipe and intake. This kit is also EGR compatible. To the best of our knowledge, this is the only kit designed to be installed with the cab on. We are actually changing a few things to make installation easier. By the time it is released, we should have a pretty simple kit to install and get the performance you want.

More to be released at a later time…

Passenger’s side oil fill is blocked like you think it is. The engine oil fill is now on the driver’s side right next to the ccv. So, the intake tubing needs to be removed, but it is there and isn't that big of a deal. Since we have flexible tubing on both sides of the spacer, the spacer comes out without having to remove the filter housing.

how much would you sell one of those kits for?

Back