Conversion Cruise Control

I'm considering doing away with the Dodge's bellcrank in my ve swap and throttle cable to the pumps arm? subscibing...

Everyone knows efi isnt released for the 12v yet dummy! Your gonna have to chip it! LOL

Ok here is how i did mine. i got a cruise control unit from a 2002 ford explorer with the 10 pin connector attached to it. Got it off ebay for 30 bucks. About the only difference in units it the cable comming off the CC unit. This may or may not be the same way to hook it up in a 2000 model but it probably is. you need to find the pinout diagram for your year to confirm i got mine from ford dealership.

Cruise control connector. C171
speedcontrolpinout.png

PCM pinout C1381a
pcmpinout1.jpg

Pull the connector out of the PCM harness and solider connections to the 8 wires comming off the CC connector.

The first number is going to be the CC pin number and the second is the PCM pin number. So that means 1-9, 3-35, 4-18, 5-31, 6-24, 7-H.I.R., 9-28, 10-Grnd. There you go will work like a champ and all you buttons will work as well. Brakelight switch will turn it CC unit off simple as cake. Hope this helps yall sure makes my life easy on long trips.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pin-outs! Another ? Anyone know how to use a Ford AIC(Idle Controller) through the cruise control function to possibly adjust rpm from steering inputs? On this Cummins 12V? And no, I don't want a cable running into my cab!

Thanks for posting. This is the 2nd to last thing I need besides EFI for this year.

What are the chances of someone having a pinout of connector C1027 PCM, my service manual do NOT have the 35 to 104 circuts? Would appreciate it much, Artie 2001 F350 7.3L PStroke

Here Ya Go....

Attachments

• 2001 PCM C1027.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks to Mo Smoke and 04 6.0 I should be "cruising" in Mo time, Thanks yu'all! Artie

Dang, what pulled you out of the woodwork? Haven't seen you post in a long time!

I dont have much to say right now. Truck is in storage until April so i am just watching what everyone is doing.

I know this topic has been beat to death but I am looking into getting the cruise to work on my conversion also. All the info I've found is for the 12 valve swap. My truck is a 2000 superduty with a 04.5 CR with the bell mount apps. Will the gasser servo work on my setup also?

On my schematic for my 2006 F250 with a v10 it has Vehichle speed signal white/orange wire and Vehichle speed VSS signal black/white. Does anyone know which wire to use? The schematic Mo smoke put up shows the wire going into the servo black/white but since my truck is newer I wasn't sure which one to use.

Thanks

Attachments

• C175b1.jpg
    C175b1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • C175b2.jpg
    C175b2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Color doesn't matter, it is the pin location that matters on the old servo's

Last edited:
I believe all the crap stays the same on the gasser that is not drive by wire. We did an '04 V10 to 1st gen 12v and just hooked up the cable actuator to the pump linkage and all was good.

Does the brake pressure input switch have to be hooked up for it to work? I tried mine out last night and it didn't work. Is there any way to test it out besides driving it?

Yes. there is a button test in the Service manual.