CR head on a 24V???

Mopar Man

I have seen threads on this but cant seem to find them. What is needed to put a CR head on a 24V VP truck? are Just the connector tubes diffrent? or is there more needed like injection lines, injectors ect... TIA.

Tubes and I think there are a few coolant passages that need to be matched.

My question is can you use a 06 head on a 02 24v with a ppump will there be any clearance issues with the 06 head.

As it turnes out the new engine that was built for my truck has a CR head on it & that is why we couldnt get it running bec the connector tubes are diff & I will have to order custom ones first thing tomorrow.

My question is can you use a 06 head on a 02 24v with a ppump will there be any clearance issues with the 06 head.

you will have to clearance the intake, i used to have some pics but i cant find them!

That shouldnt be a problem then if i buy a 06 head the intake is getting milled off. Just getting everthing covered for winter .

well im not sure how the intake will be done either make a new ghd or have a side entrance like the cr aftermarket intake valleys

As it turnes out the new engine that was built for my truck has a CR head on it & that is why we couldnt get it running bec the connector tubes are diff & I will have to order custom ones first thing tomorrow.
If it is a CR head where did you relocate your MAP and IAT sensors? The CR heads don't have the ports on the head for the sensors.

I just want to make sure it is a CR head before you spend money on parts in case it something easier.

Brett

Side entrance with the p-pump is not going to be easy.

well they guy i was goin to see if he could do one for my truck has already done a side entrance for a ppump 24v but i dont care which way its done

You can get tubes from Monster pump mike to use stock vp lines or if your p pumping you can get p-pump 24v with cr head cheaper than reg ppump 24v head lines. Here is what I did with my head to clear my p pump.

Attachments

• The new motor 003.jpg
    The new motor 003.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 64
If it is a CR head where did you relocate your MAP and IAT sensors? The CR heads don't have the ports on the head for the sensors.

I just want to make sure it is a CR head before you spend money on parts in case it something easier.

Brett

Thats interesting, never thought of that. What do most guys do with their MAP and IAT when they swap them onto a VP 24v?

The MAP and the IAT doesn't have to be in a specific spot, just as long as its in the intake somewhere. The CR heads have them in the top in take plate so I'm sure its not too hard to tape the VP sensors into the some locations. I've never done it before, but i'm sure its not that big of a deal.

If your ppumping, why do you even need the map and iat sensors?

The biggest flow improvement I see is in the intake itself. My question is, if you are planning on building a custom intake why switch to the CR head? Is it not possible to achieve similar flow with a custom intake manifold and some port work to the 24v head?