CR..SAC or VCO.

2007 5.9

West Coast Dyno Modifier
This thread is directed to the injector guys in the KNOW...and please not for the bench racers.

This is designed to be a informative and pleasant thread, so here are the questions....

Which is better in a 2006 truck with 100hp injectors and why?

If one were to back to back test a VCO vs SAC nozzle on the dyno, would any changes to the timing/tuning be needed to accommodate one style or the other, if so why?

Would the honing process factor into the equation?

What are the inherent differences between the two styles as they perform in a Common Rail application??

Thanks for your information ahead of time.

Les, I know you're trying to create a discussion but if you were to talk to any of the guys at Exergy.... Greg, Randy you'd get the correct straight answer.

Don't know a lot of detail but, they told me you wouldn't want SAC unless you have large injectors ( 100%+ ). This is what I'm running and I really can't tell much of a difference from the extruded stock tips I ran before..... except for the amount of fuel I'm moving now.

The way weston explained to me.... was the sac style nozzles actually flow less than VCO, but the will move more fuel across the seat........hence roughly the same power and less smoke

I would think the difference would come more into play with larger smokier injectors

So as you go up on size...VCO becomes a hindrance??

So a 250hp injector in a SAC will make more power and less smoke than a 250hp injector on a VCO design??

I think before you get into these comparisons you need to identify the injectors on a measurable quality, such as orifice size or % over, instead of by "hp rating".

At what % over does VCO become less desirable than SAC?

this thread has been up for 3 weeks and we have no real answers???

so much info on other threads but nothing concrete here...

I don't think sac is needed untill large injectors.. stated like others.. I always ran exergy's but they are 175% or bigger.

Weston does your statement on this hold true on smaller oriface such as VP 7x.009? I wonder if the SAC is still a good advantage over VOC at this level? Thanks in advance

Both of the "Motorsports" nozzles are smaller than what you mention.

Weston does your statement on this hold true on smaller oriface such as VP 7x.009? I wonder if the SAC is still a good advantage over VOC at this level? Thanks in advance

not sure on that size, but with a 7x.012" going from vco to Micro-blind i noticed a huge difference..... truck will light 37's from a roll in 4th by just gettin in it....vco pulled around 55psi in OD, micro's peg a 60psi gauge in drive....egts cool quicker, a cruising temps are waaaaay down, like less than 600* vs. 8-900ish vco

I'm sold, i can tell you that......

although they seem to be about the same cleanliness wise, the flow a **** ton more on the topend....the VCO's hazed when the engine was cold but cleared up.... the micro-blinds are clean when cold, but haze slightly when warm.... not sure if this matters or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there