Crank case ventilation ??

$7 valve cover breather from the parts store with some heater hose to run down under the truck.

246096.jpg

246093.jpg

i am guessing that breather has a baffle in it?.....any problems with oil dripping? (my drive way is new and i didn't want to leave a mess)

its filled with foam. That one never dripped oil. Before I put it in tho I was pushing a bunch of oil out the stock breather and it was always dripping. After adding the valve cover breather neither of them leaked any oil except right after I unhooked form the sled the stock breather would drip a little.

I just took the stock catch bottle off and ran heater hose from the stock hose down into the frame rail. It ends just behind the cab. I have had no drips on my driveway in over 5 years.

i run the stocker but i need to add another one....running 80+PSI of boost and i wanted a little more breathing room

I just took the stock catch bottle off and ran heater hose from the stock hose down into the frame rail. It ends just behind the cab. I have had no drips on my driveway in over 5 years.

not sure how hard you run it but i was pushing 4k rpms on a daily basis with a redline and 60psi from a silver bullet and mine would puke oil at high rpm/high boost. I too have a hose rusning down from the stock location and ditched the bottle. it would drip alot tho after a hard run.

no it doesn't hit 4 k it's a VP truck LOL

i did run the stocker down into a catch bottle with a breather and that did stop the dripping

My vp used to hit 4k all the time.

now i turn 5k with the p-pump...it really pukes now.

breather

i used this a bottle with a -12 a.n. and made a machined spin on "just like oem" adapter with a -12 and braided hose.

Attachments

• overflow adaptor.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 136
  • overflow tank.bmp
    729.1 KB · Views: 136
I reroute the stock one back behind the starter and now I am thinking of getting a second one to put on top of the valve cover.

i had to go with this.only because my old set up had holes in the valvecover allready.just going to run hose down.

DSC00438.jpg
this my old setup and it was a bad set up. i had a mess over the valve cover.live and learn.

Any of yall ever noticed a difference in the way the engine runs/sounds/pulls etc. after adding more breathers? I know the benefits of them but didn't know if someone has actually noticed a difference.

i didnt see a difference. the reason i did mine is because the dip-stick would pop out under wot. and when i would spray it. i asked around at the time and the gereral consensus was pressure. if you look at the last picture you can see the dip-stick is still tied down.

i have oil comeing out of my oil fill cap. Is this what i need to solve this problem?