Cummins Conversion

C-350

Planning on swapping in a 1995 5.9L Cummins (sitting in storage right now) late spring/summer '08. Looking for folks willing to help out. I'm not a mechanic but love getting my hands dirty so just need some helping hands and direction (especially with electrical stuff). Let me know if you're interested in helping with my swap. Thanks!

Call Hellmann or Bean. They have a handle on those ford swaps.

I got my 12v done and is running fine,,, All gauges and 4r100 running flawless. Took about 100-120 hrs to complete, all I started with was a used short block.

Tim

I know of a guy here locally who might be able to help ...

PM me if you want me to talk with him about it !!

Thanks for the shop recommendation! I have a few questions.

Which FASS kit should I go with? The engine I'm putting is a '95 5.9L.

Which fuel/cam plate kit?

Just want confirm that high flow delivery valves are necessary for upgrading my injectors?

Which transmission controller should I go with - Compushift or Baumann?

94ttss said:
Neither, go with a PCS
Ditto on the PCS Controller, I am using my regulated return from my 7.3 SuperDuty and am not familular with the sizing of the FASS stuff, DV's are not required for an injector upgrade (unless you are trying to go beyond 600hp).

Tim

Kai,

are you shifting and locking the converter in each gear like the SD (D-P Tuner tunes) or does it lock at one speed like the generic program.

BTW I figured how to use the speedo output from the PCS to the SD instrument cluster, and now I can adjust for different tires thus dumping my superlift tru-speed. All you need to do is change the pulse/mile. Let me know if you want to do this.

Last edited:
Tim, I have not played with the individual gear option yet. I would be interested in the speedo output info.Thanks.

If the cummins motor has the original lift pump on it in good condition ,, mine has worked very well for years and flowed all the fuel I've ever needed ,,, I thought of going FASS if I decide to go real big with power output ...

That PCS trans controller sounds like a nice piece ..

It is a nice piece indeed. I really like the adjust on the fly and it even has a live monitor mode that you can actually see your speed and throttle position and what upshift/downshift table you are at.