Cummins in a 1980 Chevy 4x4 ???

to gather a NV4500 and adaptor plates with flywheel your looking at about $2000 to find a good trans and the parts to bolt it up. i paid 1200 for my trans which i had built to have the dodge input and gm output/tailhousing. iirc i think i spent about 500 on adapters and that was the adapter that bolted to the engine and the dodge bell housing. look on here or loacally you might find one cheaper but you will be looking about about 1500-2000 to put the 5spd in there.

Good info, Yes that setup you have is exactly what I am looking for Ideally. I am in the process of searching for NV4500 parts, compared to the SM465 they are much harder to find.

So did you buy the GM NV4500 and the Dodge, then just mix and match parts yourself? Or did you buy one trans and just buy all the adapters?

I should have the motor sitting on my garage floor Saturday, have a feeling the next month is going to be nothing but finding driveline components.....and spending lots of money.

Good info, Yes that setup you have is exactly what I am looking for Ideally. I am in the process of searching for NV4500 parts, compared to the SM465 they are much harder to find.

So did you buy the GM NV4500 and the Dodge, then just mix and match parts yourself? Or did you buy one trans and just buy all the adapters?

I should have the motor sitting on my garage floor Saturday, have a feeling the next month is going to be nothing but finding driveline components.....and spending lots of money.

I have the P30 adapter set in stock for the Sm465 but the problem is the adapter is tilted and the small clutch.

I have all my Nv4500 built for me 96and up Nv4500 with the dodge input so I can use the stock adapter,bell housing use any dodge clutch.Plus by doing it this way my hyd package is a bolt in .

Pm me if you want a quote

Well today after some extensive searching being a bad employee today (oops) .....I found a couple of GM NV4500 set ups near me. This still leaves me with needing the Cummins NV4500 input shaft which I have yet to locate.

With the ones i found, I figure I will have ~$600 in the trans plus what ever the input shaft cost. Then just need the dodge bell housing (found a couple of these too, just working on pricing).

The way I look at it, at least if I get the NV4500's I found, I can bolt everything up and start my fabrication work til I find the input shaft.

Still gathering parts. Going to start tearing down the truck to get the frame blasted next month.

cummins chevy

The setup I was going to go with for my 85 K30 was an NV4500 out of a late 90's chevy (the later the better, less problems with 5th gear) and NP 205 with the round bolt pattern instead of the oblong pattern because the adapter is cheaper from advanced adapters. As far as the motor, put a 2.5 inch lift in the front and it will give you the clearance needed for the oil pan. I talked to guys at destroked and they said the motor mounts they sold were adjustable so you could move the motor up or dow and front and rear so the regular fan would the engine compartment without any mods. the mounts are more or less a section of frame. These would be the only way to go. This setup would also allow you to use the stock speedo.

89 chevy cummins swap

I just got a 89 Chevy 1 ton 4x4. I want to swap in a Cummins, but i cant find any good info on a complete kit. Is there any one that makes a complete kit? I found some mounts and some intercooler options, but it all seems half way thrown together. I also want to keep it automatic. Is the allison the only auto worth having. Of course i will increase the power so I will scrap the turbo 400 for sure. Any help would be great.

From what I know guys have been using the Dodge 47rh in swaps that don't run electronics. Of course you have want to upgrade to a billet input shaft, HD converter, and valvebody.