Cummins Info

I like the way that stang is built! If a man wanted to pull the motor and trans he could sale the car as a roller!! ( 25.5 cage, tubular k member, mini tub, and strange single adjustable front and rear). Its not just set up for a diesel engine.:clap::ylsuper:

Last edited:
A FEW VIDEOS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8OP1HQrEg&list=UURmHbmai9I7-NjCCBna_N9w&index=6&feature=plcp"]Mike Wood and Nitrous Express Duramax Mustang GT diesel running 202.4 at the Texas Mile - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj602I0t6ts&feature=relmfu"]NX diesel powered DMax Mustang at Drag week burn out - YouTube[/ame]

Nice work!! Greg If mine will run half as good on my first build Ill be happy!! Thanks for the info.

A stock Dmax with all of the truck stuff stripped off will make 600 to 650 and live forever if you will rev it up a little and use the torque management. With a 4L80 and 3.73 rear gear, it will get 30 to 35 mpg and be smoke free.

sounds like a plan, the cummins is a truck engine and just doesn't work in a car to make a true driver.

the Wiring harness to do the stand-a-lone swap is now a reality . I have 20 of them now at the harness shop. Dan's Diesel will be providing the tuning.

the SS 454 and a jet boat are getting motors in the next few months

How much does said wiring harness retail for?

I'm uploading a few more pictures and videos , I have thousands of that car. from the begining to the 205 mph pass

here is the quickest pass , Mike drove in the gate , didn't even unload and ran, and thendrove back to Texas. this pass was over 154 mpg and a easy 8 second pass if he had of even tryed to get the starting line. The track was cold

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaeXY5n21OY&feature=player_embedded"]MVI 0883 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
How much does said wiring harness retail for?

not sure , but its going to a lot less the in the past. There was no reason to have to get bent over by the few that had the pin in and pin out. I have it now, and will duplacate it for a reasonable price

G.M have helped me by finding all of the factory conectors new , and an abundent soruce of them. I'm really going for the main streem hot rod people with this

Last edited:
I understand that a duramax might fit easier in a mustang. But i would sure rather "shoe horn" a 12v in there then deal with the headaches that will come with the duramax. OP go and research what a cummins swap would cost then research what a duramax swap would cost. Not just that, but the difference in price to make the hp needed for your goal. Once you go through all that, post up what you have found. Either way it will be an awesome build. But i know how it is when it comes to building on a budget.

Maybe you should clue him in how much $$$ is in that car before you fill his head full of BS Greg. And why the heck would you mention using a stock engine if he knows he wants to race it.

Warhorse, I'd plan on a tube chassis if you want it to be really light and safe. If I were to redo mine again, it would have a full tube chassis. leg room is tight in it, but if you look at the pics Greg posted, I highly doubt those are both stock firewalls 100%. Yes the duramax will fit in there, but who cares. What will they do with out spray? LMAO! We drive the Vette on the street, we have even auto crossed it. Don't be afraid. LOL

Maybe you should clue him in how much $$$ is in that car before you fill his head full of BS Greg. And why the heck would you mention using a stock engine if he knows he wants to race it.

Warhorse, I'd plan on a tube chassis if you want it to be really light and safe. If I were to redo mine again, it would have a full tube chassis. leg room is tight in it, but if you look at the pics Greg posted, I highly doubt those are both stock firewalls 100%. Yes the duramax will fit in there, but who cares. What will they do with out spray? LMAO! We drive the Vette on the street, we have even auto crossed it. Don't be afraid. LOL

Thanks for the backup :clap:

What part is BS , the fire wall is stock per NMCA spec's . The motors are simple if you know what to do.
I don't mind sharing my knowledge base with anyone. The Dmax engine with a good tune, and fairly stock parts will put a Mustang in the 10 easy with good street manors

Duramax

I have built a car with a duramax and to say it's easy is not exactly true. There are little things that when you do one will come up. It's not imposible by no means but it's also not like a normal engine swap. Greg, yours still doesn't run but you know people (good people) who have done it. When you go out and show us bracket racers how to do it then you can talk about how easy it is. I will be in Texas in a week and a half are you going to be there with your race car?

Not planning on it, trying to get to a National event before the year is over.

Like I have told you, I’m not building a bracket car. I have put these cars together before, and don’t need help, just time to get it all done. There is little you can tell me that I don’t already have a handle on. Your welcome to come by and look at it . I might even give you a few pointers.

if you remember , I have been doing this a while. I ran and won the very first Diesel Pro Mod event , in a truck I put together pretty much alone.

Last edited:
We have the same chassis set up on the race car we run right now. We did the work with a chassis builder here (cost was not that bad parts were high.) Yes if you have a car of that caliber built you better be ready $$. I will say this, if the chassis is built by that company. Its legal for NMCA racing, fire to the stock frame rails being notched in the rear. As far as the floor pans you do have so room to play with. I don’t know much about diesels thats a given, but I do love to work on cars, trucks or what ever makes HP!!

Hmmmm... Who's duramax powered rail did I see at numidia go down the track... :shake:

Not planning on it, trying to get to a National event before the year is over.

Like I have told you, I’m not building a bracket car. I have put these cars together before, and don’t need help, just time to get it all done. There is little you can tell me that I don’t already have a handle on. Your welcome to come by and look at it . I might even give you a few pointers.

if you remember , I have been doing this a while. I ran and won the very first Diesel Pro Mod event , in a truck I put together pretty much alone.

Greg, you're fist fu**ing me right? One of diesel's biggest drag races is in your neck of the woods and you won't even go do a shake down run there? I bet your sponsors love that it hasn't hit a track yet. I get that you're going for a bracket car, but you've been on that wave for what, 3 years? Take it out and have fun if nothing else. I for one would like to see a project you started go down the track at a diesel event. (No pun intended)

I would love to come there, but, I will not bring the car out until testing is complete. That is the same weekend as the Houston divisional event, and the Vegas Sports National. I feel that is representing diesel as well.
And you were mistaken; I am not building a bracket racer, although Top Dragster is based on that.

What ever, quit lolly gagging around and get it done! That is representing diesel, but why wouldn't you represent at a diesel event that can use the support? Especially when it's so close to you? I guess some things never change.

Race

The only thing Greg is going to represent is GREG! I sure fill sorry for all the good companies that give him stuff. I thought you had to go to a track to actually test. I guess I had that all wrong.