Cummins Marine dampner ?'s

sorry for the crappy cell pics but here are some

Attachments

• 0421101754a.jpg
    0421101754a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 53
i cant seem to get the other one to load on my computer ill try again in a bit let me no if you guys need more

Kuntryboy369: i looked on the dampner and couldn't find anymore partnumbers it will be next weekend before id get the time toride down and get the numbers off the engine from the guy i bought it from i belive it was a reman motor and had a way different plate then most of the cummins ones ive seen

Kuntryboy369: i looked on the dampner and couldn't find anymore partnumbers it will be next weekend before id get the time toride down and get the numbers off the engine from the guy i bought it from i belive it was a reman motor and had a way different plate then most of the cummins ones ive seen

sweet. take you time dude. im in no hurry :Cheer:

that is deffentaly a marine dampner though. its painted in good ol' "cummins marine gray"

I have the same dampner and I can make some pictures at Monday, if its needed

from Quickserve:

Vibration Damper
Engine Family: B Series
Damper Pulley Effective
Diameter (mm): 173.76
Damper Diameter (mm): 229.00
Damper RPM Limitation: 3000
and below
Damper Type: Viscous
Pulley Type: Cast 8 groove
Front PTO Provision: No
Tach Pick-up Provision: No
High Inertia Damper: No
Structure Code: 02 EBM
Additional Pulley Provision:
None
Adapter mounted with 4xM12
capscrews.

1 3924584 YES ADD Screw, Hex Flange Head Cap 4 M12 X 1.25 X 60
2 3924579 YES ADD Adapter, Crankshaft 1
3 3914494 YES ADD Pulley, Crankshaft
4 3925233 YES ADD Damper, Vibration 1

:pop:

Attachments

• marine dampner.png
    marine dampner.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 37
i got it to load heres the other one:woohoo:

Attachments

• 0421101754.jpg
    0421101754.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 38
Arite so from what quickserve is saying its got a 3000 rpm limitation im trying to be running around 4000 so will this still help me a little bit or will it hurt me when i get spinning higher rpms?

Astross i would like to see your pictures if it isnt to much trouble i want something to compare mine to

from Quickserve:

Vibration Damper
Engine Family: B Series
Damper Pulley Effective
Diameter (mm): 173.76
Damper Diameter (mm): 229.00
Damper RPM Limitation: 3000
and below
Damper Type: Viscous
Pulley Type: Cast 8 groove
Front PTO Provision: No
Tach Pick-up Provision: No
High Inertia Damper: No
Structure Code: 02 EBM
Additional Pulley Provision:
None
Adapter mounted with 4xM12
capscrews.

1 3924584 YES ADD Screw, Hex Flange Head Cap 4 M12 X 1.25 X 60
2 3924579 YES ADD Adapter, Crankshaft 1
3 3914494 YES ADD Pulley, Crankshaft
4 3925233 YES ADD Damper, Vibration 1

:pop:

nice :Cheer: the only thing we need is #2 right? how will it do at 3k+ rpm?

Last edited:
yea you need the screws like astross said they are longer than the ones that came out of it

the only problem i see running this damper past 3k rpm is the viscous fluid's centrifical force inside the unit get's alot higher, and it can cause the housing to crack, and then it leaks fluid, and well the damepr you just put on is no good. also don't forget you are going to lose you tach with this damper, you won't with a fluid damper, and they are rated to run high rpm, this one isn't. for the cost of everything you need to use this damper, it probably isn't that much more coin for a fluid damper. i can check at work tommorow and see what it costs for eveything you need to make this damper work.

Wes

the only problem i see running this damper past 3k rpm is the viscous fluid's centrifical force inside the unit get's alot higher, and it can cause the housing to crack, and then it leaks fluid, and well the damepr you just put on is no good. also don't forget you are going to lose you tach with this damper, you won't with a fluid damper, and they are rated to run high rpm, this one isn't. for the cost of everything you need to use this damper, it probably isn't that much more coin for a fluid damper. i can check at work tommorow and see what it costs for eveything you need to make this damper work.

Wes

haisley runs them on a few of there trucks. If I remember correctly I think I paid under 300 for one for a puller I built. No problems at 6 grand. To get the tach to work I built a simple mount that moved the sender to read the mounting bolts.Also with the thicker billet front covers you have to machine 2 ribs off it and then use a thinner belt

as promised
3924584 - $5.54 X4
3924579 superceds to a 3968954 - $65.70
3914494 - $43.52
3925233 - wait for it...... wait for it..........$589.09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(current prices for all the mid atlantic and north east branches)
any questions?????

Wes

grand total with MD sales tax is $763.29....how much is the fluid damper again?????.....

This damper is going on a first gen i dont have a factory tach :bang so it wont affect me none but it makes me feel alot better knowing the price on a new one i gave less then 200 bucks for the whole setup :rockwoot:

here are the pictures:

Attachments

• marinedampner1.jpg
    marinedampner1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • marinedampner2.jpg
    marinedampner2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 16
as promised
3924584 - $5.54 X4
3924579 superceds to a 3968954 - $65.70
3914494 - $43.52
3925233 - wait for it...... wait for it..........$589.09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(current prices for all the mid atlantic and north east branches)
any questions?????

Wes

i can get it for 501.?? (my brain kinda shut down after i heard the "501" part)via cummins mid south. still dosnt help the situation because fluidampner for $400-450.