Cummins Marine dampner ?'s

cumminz90

Cant leave um alone
Hey guys i come across this cummins dampner this weekend and was told it was simalar to a fliudamper and it come off a marine motor. Does anyone have any experience with these or run one? Also i do have a part number off of it i would like to see what it accually is

Part number: Cummins 3925239

(I have pics of it if any one would like to see but can't seem to load them)Any help would be appreciated

Also i think the answer to this is no but if it is like a fluid dampner how does the fluid hold up to heat some one spray painted it an i would like to powder coat it if i can question is anybody coated theres or should i just paint it?
Thanks in advance guys :rockwoot:

i run one on my 2.8 truck. i know of some guys running them on their 3.0 trucks as well.

cool thanks man did it seem to make a big difference? the guy i got it off off swaped it on to his 4bt swap to show me what it did and on that motor it made a noticable difference enough for me to buy it .

i have no idea what it costs new it would be nice to see tho i imagine quite a bit

do these have a tach pickup slot on them? Same size as a stocker?

the one i have does not have the pickup i will check tomarow on whether they are the same size the look purty close but ill check for sure with the tape measure i try and put up some pics

89-93 may need a spacer for the fan to keep it from hitting the dampner. I know my 93 with a fluid dampner needed one.

how big of a difference did it make ? just runs alot nicer or what ?

in thatt 4bt swap the whole truck shook and vibrated as soon as we put it on there the coolant resevoir hardly even stirred. that was enough to sell me on one.

Willy91: i held it up close to my stocker and is the same belt arrangment but the actual dampner part is about 3/4 inch thicker and the diameter of it is roughly 1/4 bigger around the stock ones still on the truck or id get you some accurate measurments

Willy91: i held it up close to my stocker and is the same belt arrangment but the actual dampner part is about 3/4 inch thicker and the diameter of it is roughly 1/4 bigger around the stock ones still on the truck or id get you some accurate measurments

ok thanks. I'd like to put something on my new build I just did but don't know what I'd do with the tach if I went this route

do you have another part number for that? i cant find it on quickserve and my parts guys couldnt find it either.

That was the only number i could find on it bud ill double check though

please do. im super interseted. if you know what engine it came off of i can try to find it on quickserve.

Are they SFI rated??

Lynn

ya know thats something i never thought about actually... i never got any type of card or anything that says it is. there is stuff etched into the front of it but to be honest i dont remember what it says, i never really payed that much attention to it.

ya know thats something i never thought about actually... i never got any type of card or anything that says it is. there is stuff etched into the front of it but to be honest i dont remember what it says, i never really payed that much attention to it.

The only reason I ask is b/c most orgs say it must have an SFI dampner.

Lynn