Cummins sled puller

Andy is a good guy, what he is explaining is that if you turn the buffer in to eliminate the "surge" or "bounce" the idle will increase. When you have a lightened governor, you would have to run the buffer in quite a bit to eliminate this issue causing a rather high idle. Most leave the buffer out to keep the idle down and deal with it.

Sorry we have a 2.8 kinda all like 3.0 and bigger but bushinged down and they call it a pro-mod class at the Buck Motorsports park. Sorry for wording it incorrectly!

Yea im aware what they run at the Buck. I may have made a few passes up there before they cut us out for the "Pro mod" class

Last edited:
Yea im aware what they run at the Buck. I may have made a few passes up there before they cut us out for the "Pro mod" class

It doesn't make much sense there, street pulling class only allowing stock turbos no billet wheels. How is a stock dodge hx35 supposed to compete with a stock Duramax turbo? It doesn't happen! Plus they have two 2.8 classes? Mild an wild! Lol

[ame="http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo132/kman9090/?action=view&current=MVI_4357.mp4"]MVI_4357.mp4 video by kman9090 - Photobucket[/ame]

Is that the same reason why my truck does it? I have had numerous people ask me and I tell them I have no idea why my truck lopes like that. Honestly makes it a pain driving around the pits.

I ran my RSV a little loose to bring the idle down... mine wanted to idle around 1500 with it tuned out....
Idle
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6WIX6o-IQ"]Lynn chapman loppy idle - YouTube[/ame]

Track
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DolJ7aapBe0&feature=relmfu"]Lynn chapman bdp 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Gonna try and tune it out a little more with this new build.. things a pain to ease around the pits lol.

Ok. so where exactly is the buffer in the gov assembly? Also do guys running the RSV gov pull the assembly out of a tractor pump or do they swap the pump completely? Do guys grind down or remove the weights?

Seriously the more you post and ask, the more i think your trying to duplicate. Go ask a pump shop!

Nope I swear not trying to duplicate. Ive heard so many people asking these questions I just want to know how to respond to them. Like I said before I dont like being ignorant. There are no good pump shops around here

So what Im getting out of this is if your pump makes it lope you can add more lope and even take it away without sacraficing power? I like the sound but as lynn said my truck is also a pita to get around the pits sometimes, I'd like to take some lope out of it.

Im thinking that If the pump lopes like that the gov springs are to loss. so as the gov is spun around the springs dont hold them in like they should and at full open the springs are able to pull the weights back in. and then it repeats. I think, I may be wrong but thats what im getting.

RSV Gov does not use springs.. and Yes they are mostly from an AG application.
Changing them over is not for the do it yourselfer.. it takes a pump shop with all the special testing equipment to make sure everything is right...
Also to adjust your buffer on the RSV it will be the center screw on the back of the pump.. in for less slack.. out for more...

Pics for reference. Inside view of RQV (AUTO Gov) vs RSV (AG Gov)

Id contact Kevin (01ppump) @ Northeast Diesel. Really good guy. no problems with my swap.

Attachments

• RQV.jpg
    RQV.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
  • RSV.jpg
    RSV.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: