Cummins vs. Dmax

Well I no at ID they have some trucks running low 12's with stock tranny.
there is no way a dodge 48re would do that not stock maybe after a few thousand spent.

= 1 trashed transmission after just a few passes.

An OEM cassette trans design will out live a sprag type, no question about it. However, there is a limit as to how fast/clean and strong a shift it will give built. It's a moot point to argue "built Vs. stock" in any brand.:bang

So whats wrong with the 5R110 Torqushift Ford tranny, I believe they have had the least amount of problems. With the right tuning its great.

very few people have put any decent amount of power through one.

The point is if its better stock it ought to be deadgum good if its built.
and i believe a truck with over 100,000 miles as made way more than just a few passes, its called tuning. must tuners focus on the engine, Eric with ID focuses on both trans and engine. Call em up and talk to them. very nice people, in service u'll talk to Ted.

The point is if its better stock it ought to be deadgum good if its built.

I don't see how that could be true with anything. Just because something is built "better" by a competing manufacturer from the get go doesn't mean the aftermarket's stuff for it is going to be better than aftermarket parts made for another manufacturer's trans. It has practically zero to do with it.

Well I have had the chance to play with both.. Just depends really on what you do with the truck!! I have hauled some pretty heavy loads behind the dmax that has had my truck all over the road and felt like it was gonna push my truck wherever it wanted me to go, yet I have rode in my g/fs dad 06 cummins and it def to me pulls the heavy load ALOT better and handles it better! Really feels like it has power for pulling! Ya dmax may be a little quicker! But thats really only cause the weight! Lets say dmax vs cummins at the same exact weight and lets see what would happen? I like the allison transmission no doubt! I have rode in my buddies 06 cummins with a full billet Goerend trans! That thing is nasty!!!!!!!!

for some reason gut feeling says its builder related and not power related? to their tranny problems...

but what do i know.............
the trannys were all hand built by suncoast.Mike L told me pointblank his tranny wouldnt last either...

Back