Custom Intake

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
I've seen somewhere in these threads that someone had a "sheet metal intake" for a 12v. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks,

JW

Greg Young at ZZ fab is building then at a fast pace. He can allso do any thing custom you might want to change . He built the one on Project X that we just dynoed at 863 and 1650 this was under a mild tune . here are a few pictures his number is 940 337 4275 greg@zzcustomfabrication.com

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
Greg Young at ZZ fab is building then at a fast pace. He can allso do any thing custom you might want to change . He built the one on Project X that we just dynoed at 863 and 1650 this was under a mild tune . here are a few pictures his number is 940 337 4275 greg@zzcustomfabrication.com

I just have to ask, how much? Damn those look good:woohoo:

they are not cheap, but i don't remember the price. but i did get to look at the one that greg had made for poject X pretty slick piece. i plan on building one quite similiar to there design, but i have more time than money.

There are other ways to get the improved airflow.... one needs to search deeper.....:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Here is picture from http://www.hellmannperformance.com

Are those injector lines custom made or are they from industrial engine ?

Where I can buy those injector lines? And how much it cost?

I need them for my own designe intake manifold :evil , stock lines do not fit

intakemanifold2.jpg

Those lines look like a factory 12v with a aftercooler option, they bend around the front and the back leaving the center open for that sick intake.

Steve

There factory lines but hard to find. I have a set for sale I don't use any more.
Make a phone call.

Factory fuel lines ( with aftercooler) looks like different

here is picture

173-7306_IMG.JPG

Joe have sold his set of fuel lines. :(

Are they like those

Attachments

• ft958gw.png
    ft958gw.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 64
AsTroSS said:
Joe have sold his set of fuel lines. :(

Are they like those
I sold them at the Nationals but I have a set of stainless steel .120's in that exact same configuration for sale.

Joe, I got your PM, but Scheid 0.120 are too big (and too excpencive) to my application. I want to reach my coal step by step, and those big fuel lines are in my list but not priority number one.

Stock fuel line inside diameter is 1.8 mm (0,070) and Scheid SS fuel lines are 3,08mm (0,120in).
I have read, engine with big fuel lines do not want to idle :badidea:

Is it true?

No idle problems here. They don't act any different than stock lines except for the fueling capabilities.

My home-made intake isnt as fancy as the ones shown but after looking at the stock intake it seems pretty restricting.
Here are some photos of mine

Ian

Attachments

• intakesm1.JPG
    intakesm1.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 127
  • intakesm2.JPG
    intakesm2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 84
IC-Smoke said:
My home-made intake isnt as fancy as the ones shown but after looking at the stock intake it seems pretty restricting.
Here are some photos of mine

Ian

Looks almost identical to the swanker intake. Did your new intake drop your EGTs any? Looks pretty nifty.

Its a copy to swanks but I couldnt wait and I changed it a little, I think I have $30 into it!!
Actually I havent noticed any performance difference other than maybe a 1-3lb gain in boost. pyro still goes around the typical temps when rodding around. If I had the time to swap on a dyno Id post numbers but Im limited on my free time!!

Ian