Custom Intake

He's mesuring from custom intake tube (according to picture)

AsTroSS said:
Here is picture from http://www.hellmannperformance.com

intakemanifold2.jpg

I would like to to just save up and get this intake manifold, but I have no idea what I would do about my injector lines. :doh: Also so I wouldn't have to do away with my grid heater I would have it so the intake on the manifold would bolt up to my heater. Then I could get some one to fab up a tube from the heater to the stock intercooler hose.

What do yall think about that? Good idea or is it just retarded? I'm sure there are complications to run into. :poke:

I just need to learn how to fabricate. :evil :aiwebs_015:

I'm currently working on a new design that will be able to use stock injector line configuration for the 12V and 24V. I should have one complete by next week.You will be able to order with as many bungs as you want for whatever you are injecting or reading {temps,press,NOS,water}.

Smokem said:
Seems like alot of time and expense for your hp level, but anything is possible.

Who said I'm gonna be sticking with that HP........:shake:

Yeah I know what your saying. Smokem. But that thing is WAY less restrictive than a stock one. I mean it looks like it flows 6 times that of a stock one.

CC do you have a ball park price figure yet? Will you be able to keep the grid heater? :evil

The ZZ custom fabrication manifold fits on with all the bolt bosses in place, Project X manifold is almost invisible if you don’t look. It comes with gaskets, ARP studs, and templates for your machine shop to machine off the old manifold correctly. You can use you grid heater and stock components. ZZ can also build you anything you can dream up, he was the head fabricator and bottom end guy for Ed Hills Pennzoil top fuel program, and now dose fabrication work for NX 940 337 4275
The real benefit of the removable manifold is the ability to port the head correctly. In diesel or any other application Air Flow is the most important gain you can make, the distribution is also greatly improved. I have Data logged all my race vehicles extensively on all cylinders, and getting rid of the manifold on the 24 valve head is imperative to equalizing out the temps

Last edited:
SuperDave4x4 said:
Who said I'm gonna be sticking with that HP........:shake:

Yeah I know what your saying. Smokem. But that thing is WAY less restrictive than a stock one. I mean it looks like it flows 6 times that of a stock one.

CC do you have a ball park price figure yet? Will you be able to keep the grid heater? :evil
Its looking like $400 to $500 area. The grid heater will have to go to open up the square inches.Most people yank that out for flow anyway.If it gets that cold you can plug the truck in.Mine will be a complete bolt in to existing down pipe [no extra costs].I may also have an aluminum down pipe for numerous bungs. I've seen on the data logger that its better to get your mix down low instead of close to the head [water,Nos].

Will you have to hack up the plenum to install this intake Joe?

CC12V said:
I may also have an aluminum down pipe for numerous bungs. I've seen on the data logger that its better to get your mix down low instead of close to the head [water,Nos].

I'm guessing it is mixed better?

If you can get some pics when ya get time or when its finished. So pretty freakin cool. :evil

Timbeaux38 said:
Will you have to hack up the plenum to install this intake Joe?
It'll bolt to the head. The only thing I see so far is you will need to split the injection line clamps so the front is seperated from the back three.In order to swap injectors or what ever.Some year models may all ready be split .

I beleive that the object is to cut the intake off to allow porting ,

COMP461 said:
I beleive that the object is to cut the intake off to allow porting ,
Most people don't want to spend that much money when they can bolt on a way more effecient product than stock.

This is very informative topic with 4 subtopics:

1. ZZ aluminum intake manifold
2. Helmann aluminum intake upper part
3. Custom fule lines for al. intake
4. Custom intake tube

We have 2 options.

1. to separate it to 4 new topics
2. lets qontiniue with this topic same way ,like it was before.

For me this topic was very useful, I bought from Joe set of SS-fuel lines for my race engine with aluminum intake manifold :rockwoot:

I finally have one finished for the 12V. Direct replacement for stock manifold.Only mod needed is grinding line clamp to relieve for weld on front lines.
DualRam1.jpg

DualRam2.jpg

You made one for a 24valve yet? :poke:

Timbeaux38 said:
You made one for a 24valve yet? :poke:

ditto.

Looks good Joe.:evil Done any tests on it yet compared to a stock one or one of the other aftermarket ones?

SuperDave4x4 said:
ditto.

Looks good Joe.:evil Done any tests on it yet compared to a stock one or one of the other aftermarket ones?
I just got done welding last nite...no testing yet.It will put better air in the front cylynders for sure.
As far as the 24V, your going to need different lines in order to do much.I'll take a look at it some more next week.