Cutting D25 Skyjacker Springs, Other Lowering Questions???

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Well for me I think my best alternative to get the truck's front back down to stock height is cutting the current d25 springs I have. Yes, I sold the stock coils. I'd rather cut my d25 springs then put stock ones back on because: 1) they are now on the truck; 2) they are new or close to it; and 3) i don't like the idea of loosing money in swapping back to a stock setup as these d25s were not cheap.

So my question is how many coils in full or partial would you suggest cutting to lower the front back to stock which will be 2" in this case (2 to 2.5 to be exact)?

I will be removing the stock 4" blocks in the rear as well to drop the rear and keep the truck close to level.

Also, what shocks are available for this truck which will work with the much lower stance? The front should be a piece of cake as I will just be returning it to stock or a hair lower but the rear is a different storry with a 4" drop.

Guess you're not interested in trading for my stock ones... LOL

How many miles are on them? I would consider that.

Also, can someone tell me where I can find the correct ubolts for the rear as the stock ones won't work with the large drop? What is the axle width of a d70 and what is the thread size/pitch of the stock ubolt? Thanks!

Goin to take Jflagg's low mileage stockers.

Need ideas on ubolts and shocks though

nick, when i dropped my truck, i just took a sawsall to the rear ubolts you DO NOT wanna reuse them. i went to a place called Peters springs in baltimore $50 later i have for new rear bolts/nuts. if you want i can bring the stock springs out of my parts truck with new ubolts from Peters down to bretts when i pick my truck up. I used belltech drop shocks

Last edited:
Shouldn't reuse U bolts. Spend the $40-50 and get some new ones made.

I've reused mine many times without any issues at all.

With that said, I can get a new set of u-bolts bent with nuts and washers for $50 so why bother in making the old one's work.

Nick...
I have a question...
If your dropping the front back to stock or just a tad lower and taking the 4" blocks out of the rear have you even thought of the driveshaft work you will need done to accomodate the drop?.You do not have enough slip to go 4" shorter with the rear driveshaft and when dropping the front lower you also do not have enough slip joint there either.This may be a bigger job than your thinking it will as I know what I did to both of mine when I went up in height.

Just something more for you to think about and if you do not find a set I have the stock front springs out of mine you can have as they will never go back in.......Andy

P.S.-Not sure why your going to all the trouble anyway.Toss the 75 series tires(315/75's) and go to a 255/85 like Bohatch runs.This way you get the height and loose the width and a bit of weight.Steve's truck runs into the 11's on them with a leveling kit and stock springs on the back.

Last edited:
Its gonna sit ass low.. You can run the rear with out cutting the drive shaft but it will bottom out on bigger bumps. The front will be fine. I cut a coil and a half on my stock fronts and removed the rear blocks and it sits perfectly level.
On my truck I put a 1" block in to help with the longer drive shaft. Sorry no pict with the 1" block. but here is leveled 4.5" all around.

d034cafd.jpg

another issue you may run into if your gonna try to rethread your u bolts. Mine were tapered. They get smaller once the thread is gone. I had new ones made for 45 bucks.

I will get the new bolts made. Thanks for all the input guys and the lookout Andy! In rethinking I may have to get a 1" block for the rear based on commons sense. The leveling kit raised the front 2" to work with 4" stock block in the rear. If I take it out and put back in stock springs with a bit cut out the truck will sit ass low as said before and I don't want that. Also, may provide a bit more driveshaft clearence.

Hotmopr, when you say bottm out do you mean the driveshaft?

You might look up TSB # 02-001-01. You might be able to use some parts outta there. Its a FACTORY leveling kit -for the rear.
The part #'s I have are:
05066072AA - 2500 series 4x4
05066073AA - 3500 series 4x4
Looks like thier not very cheap though.

Thanks man but i'll likely stay away from that stuff. I need a 1" block for the rear which I doubt that kit has but I haven't looked either. Again, thanks anyway!

I also wanted to avoid driveshaft issues. I went with stock coils with 1 coil removed in front, and replaced the 4.75'' blocks in the rear with a 2'' block.. The stance is good, but I was hoping to have gone slightly lower..

I also wanted to avoid driveshaft issues. I went with stock coils with 1 coil removed in front, and replaced the 4.75'' blocks in the rear with a 2'' block.. The stance is good, but I was hoping to have gone slightly lower..

Morse, I haven't measure my blocks but are you saying yours were 4.75"? If so that will change what I need for the rear, probably a 2" like you did.

What did you use for shocks. A quick search on Beltech's site shows their shocks are only listed for 2wd apps???

So know one is replacing shocks when lowering their truck?

Back