Daily Driver? Twins with mine or a 66 SB?

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Thinking I'll need more air once I do my Stix and modded CP3 .....Possibly gonna add a TST to my stack as well

Would I get better Daily Driving spool up with a SB66 and sell my 62/12 OR should I build a set of twins with Great D.D. spool up?????????

If twins, What do I put on the bottom????? Please included the specs (numbers on housing's, etc) as im still learning .....Garmon said a 3B would work well but I've seen debate about the exhst. housing size.....

I need enough air for 600+ with D.D. spool close to what i've got now....

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions....:thankyou2:

I currently run an II 62 / 12 over a B2. With the cam and the fuel I run, spool up is lightening fast. The B2 will outflow the 3B, all else constant.

That combo of charges should keep 6 to 650 rwhp as well as the driver very happy.

I'd put a s-400 on the bottom with a 80mm cropressor wheel. That will work quite well with your 62-12. The silver bullet is awesome as well but not as drivable as twins

HIGH TECH RAM said:
I'd put a s-400 on the bottom with a 80mm cropressor wheel. That will work quite well with your 62-12. The silver bullet is awesome as well but not as drivable as twins
:clap: this would be the way to go imo. i run a htt 62 on top and a s400 on bottom and they flow plenty of air and spool up is awesome. just my $.02

Is there anyone out there that would like to quote me a price on Building me a set using my 62/12.......what all would I need.???

Quote.....Parts and Labor (including the bottom turbo, manifold, etc)???????

I not sue this is something I want to attempt on my own....

Refer me to someone that would build them???

Call Joe Hellmann at 361-960-2217 and tell him Chris Hall in Magnolia TX told you to call. He builds the best looking and precise twins you can get for the money, and is real good to deal with. He knows his stuff!

RacinDuallie said:
Shane @ INDUSTRIAL INJECTION

1-800-955-0476

artist_8879.jpg

nathan at MPI maximized performance inc is a very good source to talk to about twins try to get a hold of him & see what he has to offer !

Yeah do a good cam that will help spool the 66mm and that will be good. My turbo spools really well, not as well as twins but pretty good. Feels like I am driving with a stock charger. It isn't as good as twins by no means but it's pretty good. What do you do with the truck? Any sled pulling or do you drag race or what. Sled pulling you won't be able to pull in a decent class since you are running twins. If you drag racing thne the twins would be the best but a 66mm will supply plenty of air for what your running.

I went from Twins with a SPS66 and Big Brother (same as the 480...or close) to just the 66 and lost about 75 hp but only gained say 125 degrees of EGT.

I'd say it would be up to the very bottom end driving and your wallet, figure it will cost you twice as much for Twins, maybe a tad more.

Jim

That was with an old PDR stage 3, the one that broke! It has a stock cam in it now but I'll more than likely go to a Peak Diesel cam with a bolt on gear when I freshen that motor.

Jim

Kman9090 said:
Yeah do a good cam that will help spool the 66mm and that will be good. My turbo spools really well, not as well as twins but pretty good. Feels like I am driving with a stock charger. It isn't as good as twins by no means but it's pretty good. What do you do with the truck? Any sled pulling or do you drag race or what. Sled pulling you won't be able to pull in a decent class since you are running twins. If you drag racing thne the twins would be the best but a 66mm will supply plenty of air for what your running.

Cam? Is anyone better than the other???.........Do I even need a cam I've i'm not Pulling or Racing???

As for what I do, I'm just a daily driver that tows a 2 horse trailer (approx. 7000lbs max) for my girlfriend every once in a while.......I Just LOVE power and even though i'm a cop, I will get into a street race from time to time...I just want even power to hurt MOST of the sports car guys feelings!!!:evil

Thats why I want it to spool quickly!! On the street and at a rolling start (most of the time) theres not much time to brake spool like at the track.....I will be going to the track from time to time , but ONLY for my personal satisfaction about the times my truck will run......I'd love to see mid to low 12's.........I figure 650 + HP will get me in that area

BTW, with my 62/12....Do I have enough air right now to do the 90HP stix and maybe a CP3 mod. without going too high on my EGT's????? I may do that before I build the twins.....My POST TURBO EGT's right now never go above 1000 degrees....That should be around 1250 or so for PRE TURBO readings, right????

What would you guys do first (in order) if it were you????? For just a power hungry guy that doesn't PULL or RACE?????

I've seen up to a 500* difference between pre and post turbo egt readings.