Daily Driver? Twins with mine or a 66 SB?

desertchecker said:
I have had 5 different turbo set ups & this has been by far the best for my truck top end is unreal spools great drive-ability is so good its stupid

my truck runs smoother with this combo then a single turbo 62/65/14 combo

this was a money wise decision to go with the MPI twins talk to nathan told him what i wanted and what the truck was going to be used for & nathan at MPI set me up with this combo IMO nathan is the man he is very talented with twin set up the quality fit and finish is first class A+ the performance is even better!

So, I assuming that if he used my 62/12 with an S480 like your setup that It would even spool a little faster????

Do you have to take you truck to MPI or does he build the setup and ship it to you ready to install????

If I use my 62/12, what should I expect to pay??

desertchecker said:
I have had 5 different turbo set ups & this has been by far the best for my truck top end is unreal spools great drive-ability is so good its stupid

my truck runs smoother with this combo then a single turbo 62/65/14 combo

this was a money wise decision to go with the MPI twins talk to nathan told him what i wanted and what the truck was going to be used for & nathan at MPI set me up with this combo IMO nathan is the man he is very talented with twin set up the quality fit and finish is first class A+ the performance is even better!

Big twins are smoother...no question there!
I have BD's larger bottom turbo on order. We will see how the EGT's are. If I still need a bit more air I may modify the little S-3 with a kit from Gillet....Or go with a 62 top if I need alot more air.
I will post the results.

when the money hits (aka i get lucky and get a sponsor) i want to put an s488 under the SB66

stock turbo / S400 MPI twin kit = 3,450.00 * this should be your pricing because your PROVIDING the 62 as the secondary turbo

add 80mm wheel to S400 cost additional = 400.00

approx 3,850.00

call nathan at MPI to verify his pricing
MPI can mail out the kit
the kit is very straight forward simple & easy to install

FYI always a good idea to get a written estimate that details everything in any complete kit, no matter who you buy from , with what is included & what is not included , along with the total of all charges including everything you will need to install the kit correctly

IMO this is the best approach no matter who you deal with or what company you buy from, this always seems to keep everyone on the same page, & this way there are no surprises or conflict

with this approach at the end of the day, everyone is always happy ! :Cheer:

Last edited:
desertchecker said:
stock turbo / S400 MPI twin kit = 3,450.00 * this should be your pricing because your PROVIDING the 62 as the secondary turbo

add 80mm wheel to S400 cost additional = 400.00

approx 3,850.00

call nathan at MPI to verify his pricing
MPI can mail out the kit
the kit is very straight forward simple & easy to install

FYI always a good idea to get a written estimate that details everything in any complete kit, no matter who you buy from , with what is included & what is not included , along with the total of all charges including everything you will need to install the kit correctly

IMO this is the best approach no matter who you deal with or what company you buy from, this always seems to keep everyone on the same page, & this way there are no surprises or conflict

with this approach at the end of the day, everyone is always happy ! :Cheer:

Thank you very much for the help!!!

David

feelmecummin said:
when the money hits (aka i get lucky and get a sponsor) i want to put an s488 under the SB66

SB66 with an S510 and a 50mm gate on top and a 44mm in the hot pipe, duel controllers ect.......that setup would be nice at around 120 psi.......but still spool unlike others.

The Silver 66 spools very good in my 12V even with a stock cam, add a tad of N2O it goes crazy......now imagine a 510 pushing it!

Jim

Jim, i agree with you completely...i'd like to know how "slow" spool time is with a 510 underneath...i would imagine it'd still light up sooner than a 2.8 single would. cam it for a killer combo! i'd imagine with an 89% converter that would still be a really streetable setup.
too bad 510's are wicked expensive...and HUGE

ok i will wipe the drool from my face now...LOL

Take it a step farther and put a K-31 over a modified Phat Bastard like a friend of mine is doing on his drag Truck. Couple that with 5800rpm and:evil

A Silver Bullet is much stronger than a K-31 and in a twin application would not even matter or not much.

We all know the big turbo would move lots of air and it seems that it works just fine. Another turbo to try in a large frame size would be a Turbonetics thumper series, it just so happens I know were a T-106 is an it's on hold for a full check out prior to selling. Why do you not hear about them, simple they retail for close to 4K.......ouch!

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
We all know the big turbo would move lots of air and it seems that it works just fine. Another turbo to try in a large frame size would be a Turbonetics thumper series, it just so happens I know were a T-106 is an it's on hold for a full check out prior to selling. Why do you not hear about them, simple they retail for close to 4K.......ouch!

Jim

I've always wondered why theres not much talk about putting a turbonetics in a twins application. Now i know why...... Too much green.

Jim and Feelme

I read (all) of the Turbonetics website.
Do you think there is anything to substantiate their claims of superior spoolup and air movement?

Like I said I am looking at some turbo upgrades and my S-4 is already awaiting installation, but my problem is that I never know when to quit!
I think I might as well quit kidding myself and get it over with by going straight to 800-850Hp on #2.

I am looking at the new Smarty program and am thinking that I could get away with Flux 4.3's (200+Hp) with the program turned right down on the street....So.... See what I mean?

Ya I have it bad!

What do you guys think?!!

It's all up to your pocket book! There hasn't been much talk about these turbo except Maddog is now running them, I think a 72 over a 101 and duel gates. I do know they perform very well in the gasser world without a doubt.

Jim

smokin, i havent had any experience with the turbonetics turbos. im running HUGE injectors on the street, yes they smoke ALL the time, i do alot of manual shifting