DDP turbos

I'm not saying it's a bad turbo but it's not the best turbine to use on a 62mm. The drive pressures are HIGH and egt's get up there with bigger nozzles. More the less it's a dead end turbo. You can't make it a good compound high pressure turbo b/c drive pressure would be soo high. As a single it's not bad but the 71mm or 68mm turbine is way better for the 62mm compressor. I'm sure a cam will help but not what I'd want to spend the money fr just a 62 single.

I thought a 74mm in a 14cm housing would have pretty low drive pressure...???

I'm not saying it's a bad turbo but it's not the best turbine to use on a 62mm. The drive pressures are HIGH and egt's get up there with bigger nozzles. More the less it's a dead end turbo. You can't make it a good compound high pressure turbo b/c drive pressure would be soo high. As a single it's not bad but the 71mm or 68mm turbine is way better for the 62mm compressor. I'm sure a cam will help but not what I'd want to spend the money fr just a 62 single.

Drive pressure on the 62/74/14 is actually really good and not a problem at all its been used in many compound setups and has worked really great without DP issues.

Got the turbo in yesterday but didn't get a chance to see how it works, had a rocker go bad so now on the hunt for one of them. :bang

Drive pressure on the 62/74/14 is actually really good and not a problem at all its been used in many compound setups and has worked really great without DP issues.

I've never heard of anybody offering the 62/74 in a compound... I asked Shane about it and Nathan at MPI both said it was a horrible high pressure turbo and drive pressures were extremely high. I've never had that turbo so I can't tell you first hand. It could be a good turbo but the guys that build known compound sets said they were bad.

Well finally found a rocker got it replaced and took truck for a short test drive. Turbo is nice and smooth so far starts to build boost at around 1700rpm and takes off from there. On tow tune hits 40lbs. pretty easy, should be interesting with big tune.

Well finally found a rocker got it replaced and took truck for a short test drive. Turbo is nice and smooth so far starts to build boost at around 1700rpm and takes off from there. On tow tune hits 40lbs. pretty easy, should be interesting with big tune.

What did they set the waste gate to and what is max psi you can get out of it? Did it come with something to plug into the electronic wastegate actuator?

I've never heard of anybody offering the 62/74 in a compound... I asked Shane about it and Nathan at MPI both said it was a horrible high pressure turbo and drive pressures were extremely high. I've never had that turbo so I can't tell you first hand. It could be a good turbo but the guys that build known compound sets said they were bad.

You spread alot of bad info on turbos, which was one of the reason after you got hot headed last time you got banned. How can anyone say any turbo is bad without knowing the setup and tons of other different setups that it could be used on. No known 62/74's in any compound kits? Yeah that's a laugh....

It is a non gated turbo and I still haven't fed it all the fuel I have and have hit over 45lbs. so far. It's suppose to hit around 50lbs. or so. I've only got to put a couple hundred km's on it so I'm still seeing how it goes. Once boost hits around 20lbs. it takes off like a raped ape thou. This weekend if it doesn't rain I'm hopeing to hit the dyno in Edmonton.

You spread alot of bad info on turbos, which was one of the reason after you got hot headed last time you got banned. How can anyone say any turbo is bad without knowing the setup and tons of other different setups that it could be used on. No known 62/74's in any compound kits? Yeah that's a laugh....

Ok tell me a company that offers a 62/74 in a compound setup you can buy over the phone. Don't list a self employees Joe that works out of his garage and makes up stuff. I'll believe it when I see it.

Read the post again genius, I never said the 62/74 was offered in a certain company or multiple companys kits, just that the turbo has been used in quite a few twin kits. Many guys running a 62 as a single then ordering a piping kit and throwing a turbo underneath or the guy who can't afford to buy another top turbo so he talks to the turbo companys to see what bottom turbo would work with what he already has.

Read the post again genius, I never said the 62/74 was offered in a certain company or multiple companys kits, just that the turbo has been used in quite a few twin kits. Many guys running a 62 as a single then ordering a piping kit and throwing a turbo underneath or the guy who can't afford to buy another top turbo so he talks to the turbo companys to see what bottom turbo would work with what he already has.

Ok me and you were talkin about the 62/74/14 in a compound setup not any other 62mm turbo so your above statement really makes no since b/c now your saying any 62 and yes 62/65, 62/68 or 62/71 all work great in compounds and as singles. So what exactly are you talking about now...?

Nope my post was pertaining to the 62/74, I never said anything about any other 62's. Back to turbo school for you.......again.

Amish send me your address I'll ship you a platinum bow

Well next time be more specific when you say 62/74 b/c your original post said "a 62" you easily could've said 62/74 or silver 62. Like I said no big companies make the 62/74 in there compound setup so... I'm gonna start a post asking how many guys have the 62/74 in a compound setup and see how they like them and see what drive pressures they are having. We'll go from there Tmoneydiesel.

Well next time be more specific when you say 62/74 b/c your original post said "a 62" you easily could've said 62/74 or silver 62. Like I said no big companies make the 62/74 in there compound setup so... I'm gonna start a post asking how many guys have the 62/74 in a compound setup and see how they like them and see what drive pressures they are having. We'll go from there Tmoneydiesel.

Whats the difference in DP from a twin set using a 66/74/14 and a 62/74/14? Same exhaust side, so?....

Not that I really care but how did my topic of a 64mm DDP turbo get turned into a ***** match about a 62 /74/? whatever turbo. It turned out that it was a 71 wheel anyhow so all this really doesn't matter.

because somebody needs to go to turbo school before posting...... unless it is a question. Anyway how do you like your turbo I am curious as to how it works being non gated.