ddp4s

dipapadakis

i have ddp4s coming in on friday. is the bar good on them where they are right out of the box or should i have them reset higher? thanks

Noone jumped on this so here goes. I am not an injector expert but that sounds about right. Some on here love DDPs and others hate them. I had a set and never had them popped but from what I have read their pop presures could be all over the place right out of the box. I would definatley have them popped and adjusted to be within the range you qouted.

after hearing adam sprague and brett from left coast talk about them i had to give them a shot it seems like when the bar is set right on them they're tough to beat

sometimes its better to judge for yourself... give them a shot stock and let us know what you think.

thanks man and what would be your 2cents on bumping them up to 300? and every 10 bar is roughly 1* of timing lost on a light correct?

I believe they state 270BAR. Most I have seen are 260-270BAR, typically increasing the opening pressure brings up throttle response.

since you know more than most anyone on injectors where would you set the bar on these? why isnt every set upwards to 300 if it brings up throttle response any downsides? thanks!

Wat he said.... We got a set for a customer an 5000 miles later they don't even pop. Just spray. Not worth it imo...

A few more miles on mine but this is why I am waiting on a set of SDXs right now. No more than 30k on them in 2 years. Driving home from work at 2200 RPM and boom. Dead Hole in #1. Seth gave the injection pump a clean bill of health and said it was one of the strongest pumps he has seen.:woohoo:

picked up the ddp4's today went directly to a Diesel Performance Center here in phoenix (a certified bosch diesel dealer/service shop) and had them pop test the injectors. they popped from 262-268 i called ddp the and spoke with them they claim they set them at 270bar they also said turning up the bar up more than that on a bigger injector makes them not run as good due to excessive back pressure and does not allow them to flow as well as where they set them

Back