Desert Diesel Truck Nationals / Phoenix Az

Well just left the track and banks ran the truck to just about 1/8 mile and then coasted out the back door. It was pretty impressive if they can run that number and coast the second half of the track

Watch out for tomorrow.:tree:

well off to lunch and some :Cheer:

Spill the beans..... how did they do?

come on, you can't tease us like that without telling us the stats of the run!

Wow, had a great time- hope everyone back at the hotel made it through the night!

So what happened? How many trucks showed up? Any fast ones? What did Banks run? Someone must know something??

im guessing nothing eventful happened...hopefully banks ran some retarded fast number.

Good morning everyone , The event went great we had a good turnout and alot of fun. Speedworld is a great track to work with and we will be back for sure next year.

I am getting ready to board the airplane and will get you full details when i get home. Banks ran a couple of 7's one 8.00 and one 9 on motor only. it was a tough day we had to delay 3 times because of rain and the track did not recover as fast as we had hoped but the banks team adjusted well for the weather and still got the truck down the track great. I will calculate their runs and let you know what times qualify within the 1 % we require to back up a run so we can recognize their passes.

Thanks

Everyone is still pretty much in bed after a long, exhausting, but exciting day. The weather was gorgeous and we had well over 100 trucks that showed up, but not nearly as many as last year showed up to race. It was still very exciting with many of the trucks in competition, going all out to see what they could do. While I don't have any of the particulars with respect to the winner's of each class, we did see several of our members from last year's event return and even some new trucks. I spent the day manning the HD video camera (Randy, you so owe me, dude!), so we will have to wait for some of the others to chime in with their own pics and video of the event. I know Josh (Westcoaststrokin) got some video and pics... Post them up, buddy! :D

We watched as the Banks Sidewinder pulled off an impressive 7.97 second run on its first pass of the day, shaving almost 3/10's off their prior runs of 8.2 during the NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas, last year. After a few rain delays, their second and third passes were a bit more disappointing at 9.01 and 8.00, since they did not back up their 7.9 second run. (The 8.00 would have been their new elapsed time with the 7.97 backing it up, but, of course that wouldn't have been quite a 7.9 second run!). At any rate, with the day winding down and the trophy presentations being completed, Randy Cole, NHRDA National Race Director, was able to negotiate with the track officials at Speedworld for one final pass for the Banks' truck. With the stands now almost empty and roughly 50% of the original spectators lined against the safety fence, the Banks truck pulled off an amazing 7.90 second run to backup their initial 7.97 second run and establish a new NHRDA record for fastest elapsed time. A big congratulations goes to those guys on an impressive truck and huge accomplishment! :thumb:

On a more personal level, say what you will about Banks and the DuraMax platform, but those techs and engineers impressed me as some of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys that answered any and all questions, despite numerous and demanding hours in prep time to ready the truck to race. Thanks again, guys, for an impressive demonstration of diesel power!

the banks truck ran a 7.90 at 174 right as people are leaving and most had left by then.. i had a fun time good seeing some other fast diesels out there!

I am home and slightly awake.... Jet Lag :what:

I would like to thank everyone that attended, we had a good time and I hope that everyone else did as well.

We are working on pictures and they should be up soon.

We are going over the numbers and should have an official release on the new record set by GBE later today. If you ever have the chance to make an event that they attend you need to do it, the team is simply amazing to watch.

If you were on the fence this year, you need to add it to your calendar for 2009.

Everyone is still pretty much in bed after a long, exhausting, but exciting day. The weather was gorgeous and we had well over 100 trucks that showed up, but not nearly as many as last year showed up to race. It was still very exciting with many of the trucks in competition, going all out to see what they could do. While I don't have any of the particulars with respect to the winner's of each class, we did see several of our members from last year's event return and even some new trucks. I spent the day manning the HD video camera (Randy, you so owe me, dude!), so we will have to wait for some of the others to chime in with their own pics and video of the event. I know Josh (Westcoaststrokin) got some video and pics... Post them up, buddy! :D

We watched as the Banks Sidewinder pulled off an impressive 7.97 second run on its first pass of the day, shaving almost 3/10's off their prior runs of 8.2 during the NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas, last year. After a few rain delays, their second and third passes were a bit more disappointing at 9.01 and 8.00, since they did not back up their 7.9 second run. (The 8.00 would have been their new elapsed time with the 7.97 backing it up, but, of course that wouldn't have been quite a 7.9 second run!). At any rate, with the day winding down and the trophy presentations being completed, Randy Cole, NHRDA National Race Director, was able to negotiate with the track officials at Speedworld for one final pass for the Banks' truck. With the stands now almost empty and roughly 50% of the original spectators lined against the safety fence, the Banks truck pulled off an amazing 7.90 second run to backup their initial 7.97 second run and establish a new NHRDA record for fastest elapsed time. A big congratulations goes to those guys on an impressive truck and huge accomplishment! :thumb:

On a more personal level, say what you will about Banks and the DuraMax platform, but those techs and engineers impressed me as some of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys that answered any and all questions, despite numerous and demanding hours in prep time to ready the truck to race. Thanks again, guys, for an impressive demonstration of diesel power!

I due owe you big time. You were a big help and i really appreciate it alot.

I would like to thank Julie also for helping in the NHRDA booth

And the biggest thank is to Mark for getting the NHRDA to Speedworld. We had a great time and will be back next year.

Nice shot's Chris....what did Dennis from ITP run? That truck of his looks sick with the blacked out Aussies.

Again I want to thank everyone that attended the Desert Diesel Truck Nationals. We have had nothing but great positive response from both competitors and spectators. Speedworld cant wait till next year for another event. Again thanks to everyone

Video are up on webstie click on link below

http://www.nhrda.com/Vdz/20081004/PS.htm

Wow, had a great time- hope everyone back at the hotel made it through the night!

most did...i'm old and tired so i went to bed early..i did see the pics though..LOL

had a great weekend...can't wait for the next one...good runnin Zach..:rockwoot:

Nice work from Randy, Chris, and the NHRDA crew!!

Sure weren't many competitors in Prostreet, Supersteet and Pro-1. Where was everyone? Were there a lot of other trucks there that didn't race in the NHRDA event? I should have made the drive.