DHRA West Coast Opener

jambbii said:
David, how long is this event going to run for?

Josh

Josh, we will be at the track starting at 7:00 until midnight if needed. We will be running and there is normally a good size T&T going on too. They tell me lots of spectators.

This is a points drag race for those chasing the points. Vegas is stop 3, and ATS Diesels on the Mountain will be stop 3. I'd like to have a stop 4 but that would totally depend on the turn outs for 1-3. :hehe:

The schedule will be simple. Dieter and I will be at the track, we will tech all Quick Diesel and Pro Street. Bracket racers will use the track tech, but will need to register with DHRA to be registered in the class. We must have a registration form completed for every DHRA class racer.

We'll do time runs, 3 official qualifying rounds for PS and QD (shooting for 8:00 first round time) then eliminations. Of course this could all change by the numbers of trucks we have.

I want it to be laid back and fun.:rockwoot:

We plan to use the dyno as the gathering point for DHRA competitors.

DavidTD said:
Better get that thing together... expedite, overnight, beg, borrow, STEAL!!! :hehe:

Hope you can make it Pat. :thankyou2:

He is trying his best. We just got a lot of parts today and more arriving tomorrow :woohoo:

If Casper is running I will probably drive him to AZ and follow Pat and the hamsters in the tow vehicle :eek: to get some break in miles.

DavidTD said:
Josh, we will be at the track starting at 7:00 until midnight if needed. We will be running and there is normally a good size T&T going on too. They tell me lots of spectators.

Are they racing 7 pm or gates just open at 7 pm. The website states gates open 7 pm. Wouldn't norm ask such a silly question but since it's a 5 hr drive and Casper might not be running until Saturday morning.

We'll see, probably not, we still have to dial in the truck, we are having some problems.

Well McRat and Company gave it their best shot. But Casper isn't ready to race. Ran into some some issues that need to be address first.

Jambbii just told me about it....
Will the dyno be open for everyone or just the racers??

Kat said:
Are they racing 7 pm or gates just open at 7 pm. The website states gates open 7 pm. Wouldn't norm ask such a silly question but since it's a 5 hr drive and Casper might not be running until Saturday morning.

Gates open at 7:00. There is another race during the day and our race will happen during their normal Sat. night program. You can start running as soon as you register and tech.

Kat, Sorry you guys didn't get it together in time, I know you guys tried and we appreciate that. :thankyou2:

Yes, the dyno is open to everyone.

Well, we didn't make it. We tried but just ran out of time. :(

We did get it started late Thursday night, but sorting out plumbing issues killed us. It's still not driveable.

:(

Congrats to BIGR for completely dominating Quick Diesel!!! :D

We missed you guys for sure but we still managed to have a good time. Those Arizona guys brought 16 trucks out for bracket class. :rockwoot:

... and yeah, BigR dominated quick diesel... wasn't another truck on the track in the quick diesel class that had a chance to win it. :hehe:

And I think it's important to say that Mike's Ford was faster than any Dodge or GM Saturday night. 12.70's tells me he has the real deal too. :rockwoot:

Where does that put Mike, top two or three 7.3's? :Cheer:

And who get's the win? :D Just raggin' on ya buddy! I'll take care of that little mph thing in the next couple of weeks with the good motor. ;)

Good luck in Vegas in the meantime!:rockwoot:

DavidTD said:
We missed you guys for sure but we still managed to have a good time. Those Arizona guys brought 16 trucks out for bracket class. :rockwoot:

... and yeah, BigR dominated quick diesel... wasn't another truck on the track in the quick diesel class that had a chance to win it. :hehe:

And I think it's important to say that Mike's Ford was faster than any Dodge or GM Saturday night. 12.70's tells me he has the real deal too. :rockwoot:

Where does that put Mike, top two or three 7.3's? :Cheer:

My truck should have been running the numbers but besides my fuel line exploding, I found a blown turbo gasket (boost was a 30 psi low :bang )but it was too late so I ran it anyways but I had fun anyways.

BIGRPOWR said:
for mph- top 2 in full weight trucks
for e.t.- uh....no comment

faster..just not quicker....maybe one day!!

You'll get it Biggie-soon you'll have both ET and MPH...

BIGRPOWR said:
for mph- top 2 in full weight trucks
for e.t.- uh....no comment

faster..just not quicker....maybe one day!!
I have only the highest respect for Mike and all the other guys running the Fords! :cheer: NICE JOB GUYS!!!!:cheer:
I'm looking forward to your year of competition, and the sport to grow and get even better!!