Did I get the wrong connecting tubes?

i think they just changed the design...as far as i know they work with the old style bodies and the new style...just beefier ....take care installing them correct...had a kid fresh out of uti "diesel school" ram one in with letting the injector body float....destroyed the connector.

I would NOT install them...the Tubes need to be able to with stand 100s of heat cycles, Also they need to be heat treated correctly or they will warp...If you do install them be prepare for increase in combustion knock.

I bought them from pure diesel power they said that cummins discontinued the old style tubes for 03 to 07?. they are cummins tubes?. So Todd you think I shouldn't install them with the new 90hp injectors I got from you?.(Chad from lethbridge here)

cummins Tubes........If they are NOT Bosch ,what is the origin.

They are good ,,but Is ISB & ISC inter-Changeable...? With only 90s why even change?

Has anyone seen gains with the over-sized connecting tubes? I was thinking of getting a set but I don't want them to warp. If there is no real gains then I will put the $$$ towards another upgrade.

Hey todd for bigger injectors is it better to run the modded tubes like schied offers?

Yes or just remove the factory restrictors...But after doing this you may experience combustion knock increase. I don't think is necessary until 800hp plus.

that's the thing I didn't buy performance connecting tubes I thought I ordered stock ones?.
but Pure Diesel power called me and said the old number is discontinued?. this is what I ordered 6 x 03-07 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Injector Connector Tube W/O-Ring (3979419) so what should I do install the new ones or install the old ones?. I paid 300.00 for the new ones.

that's the thing I didn't buy performance connecting tubes I thought I ordered stock ones?.
but Pure Diesel power called me and said the old number is discontinued?. this is what I ordered 6 x 03-07 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Injector Connector Tube W/O-Ring (3979419) so what should I do install the new ones or install the old ones?. I paid 300.00 for the new ones.

Do they have the internal restrictors?...Feel free to call Me today also.

Those are the new design from Cummins for 03-07 5.9. They replace the old ones.

Run 'em.

When it come to the injection system on CR.. discretion needs to be use (Your Choice) Unfortunately Cummins is buckling under the cost factor...some component's from them are being made over seas..Mat order a new flex Flex form Cummins Dodge (Made in china was stamp on it) The FCAs are knock offs..When it comes to CR injection if possible stay with BOSCH.. Cost up front may be More ,but the product is superior in most cases.
If nothing is wrong with the original tubes WHY change and spent the extra $300 when its not necessary.I just order 1 tube We will test the material strength stress. I don't trust any corporation in this Business... and that goes for cummins also..They lost My trust 2 Years ago and are NOT working to hard to gain it back, with some of their over seas junk.

Just recieved a new set of CR tubes from Schied and same as the OP these are new Cummins ones not Bosch. Has anyone had any issues running these new tubes stock or modified. They are much bigger in diameter down the body than the others. Even the tips that seat against the injector are huge compared to the bosch stockers. I ordered them .093 and came in .131 on the entrance filter area and steps down to .120 all the way at the injector seat end. Really thinking these are too big? FYI reason behind going with .093's was my sticks are 140% over and ran 093's prior with great results but where on the ragged edge of being good from pulling them so many times. Have brand new sticks figured on starting with some fresh tubes, fuel lines and dual 2 mic cat filters.

Thanks for the input.

Chris.

FYI:
I just had my II 100HP nozzles installed about 2 weeks ago.....My Cummins dealer used the #4929864 tubes.......I was alittle alarmed at the $273.78 price tag for the tubes

When I checked last summer, the injector tubes were about $50 cheaper......

I recently learned that that 5.9L and 6.7L injector tubes are not the same. The 5.9 tube outlet is .075" and the 6.7 tubes have a .120" outlet.

However......Cummins now supercedes the 5.9 tube P/N to the 6.7 crossover tube, although Bosch still offers the 5.9 P/N......

More fuel, even with the tubes!! Most shops now list all 2003-2011 5.9L and 6.7L motors to use the same PN!

Do they have the internal restrictors?...

They are NOT "RESTRICTORS" :rolleyes:

They are called edge filters and are there to bust, or split, any debris that may make it past the filtration.

I thought you were an "expert" in CR fuel systems? :confused: