Did mileage test today - 24-25 mpg

I believe this thread is :bs:

That's not very nice...

The fuel gauge still read 3/8s this morning but by the time I got to work it was at about 7/8s. Then on startup from work, it read well past full. Must have been a gremlin hating on me.

For the record, I have never been paid by any sponsers nor have I ever received discounts or other consideration for my information ever posted on any forum. I have also never spoken to a sponser about anything except buying parts from them. Thanks for your feedback on my integrity, very rewarding experience.

I was getting 12.5 empty, loaded, towing, speeding or creeping. Spent a buttload of money and now I get 15 on the freeway at 70 and I will know city mileage this weekend. I added about 150rwhp and gained 2.5mpg still have some bugs to work on.

No, why would I hit the brakes? Doing 5-7mph over I usually get passed left and right anyhow.

The speed limit is a mix of 65 & 55 the whole 40 mile stretch normally, but this summer there is construction the whole way both directions so now 45 is the stated speed limit in most places. SO this post is not about being an annoying slower than the speed limit driver, it's about info sharing.

I do appreciate the info share you gave though. Do you hit the brakes when you see a cop too?

No, why would I hit the brakes? Doing 5-7mph over I usually get passed left and right anyhow.

Just goofin' on ya a little. Prior to this little two week experiment, I was a 5-10 over kinda guy too. Tonight I drove 75 home, sometimes you gotta get the lead out...

The brakes comments was just cuz since for the last two weeks I have been "being passed" rather than doing the passing, I've noticed alot of brake lights. No harm meant.

They just seem to be unrealistic...

Appreciate the constructive comment. How can I prove it to anyone? Previously I had posted that I drove all the way LaPorte, IN to Eveleth, MN which is about 600 miles on one tank, I think I had to put 30 gallons in on that fill up, it was another time I tried slowing down, just not 55, more like 62 on average. On that test I filled to the cap before I left and and when I filled up in MN.

I gotta say, I am not sure how to take the skepticism, it's not like I've ever been on here talking up HP numbers or 1/4 mile times. I've given no reason to anyone, in this post or any other, to think that I'm not telling the truth.

its just the way it is alvis, shakem off. I can get 21 on interstate running stock. That is @ 70 on cc. I ran 70 for the entire tank. I can see it happening.

I thought this was Competition Diesel....We care more about performance than MPG.....Its all about :tree:

Rob always has a way of making friends doesn't he. LOL

For the record, while I wouldn't believe the lie-o-meter one bit, the numbers he's reporting are doable. Richard got something like 22MPG with the 190's and Beans setup that I now have several times driving cross country. Slowing down and inflating your tires can make a huge difference. AND Yes Rob, we are all about performance, but in this case it seems it is about economic performance.

I can appreciate good fuel economy to go along with some power.
That said....my old motor got close to 23 mpg running 75 minimum on the highway. I checked in numerous times and it was always between 22.6 and 22.8 hand calculated.

Today I went 115 miles @ 70 mph on 4.3 gallons. that average was 26.1 with the drag comp on 1x1 new 5" exhaust with muffler and 200 hp ddp sticks empty and no cruise just the foot.
Jason

i get about 7mpg out of my 03 350 cc drw, but its a dump truck and pulls a trailer averyday, but shouldnt i be getting a lil better than 7?
Oh and by the way, now my fuel gauge won't go past 3/8 full even though it's full to the top. Cycled the key quite a few times, no luck going to full reading
mine does the same thing when i fill it all the way up the neck. after a day or so it figures it out.

That's not very nice...

The fuel gauge still read 3/8s this morning but by the time I got to work it was at about 7/8s. Then on startup from work, it read well past full. Must have been a gremlin hating on me.

For the record, I have never been paid by any sponsers nor have I ever received discounts or other consideration for my information ever posted on any forum. I have also never spoken to a sponser about anything except buying parts from them. Thanks for your feedback on my integrity, very rewarding experience.

Try using the chevron techron additive. Ford has a tsb for inaccurate fuel gauge problems. Ive fixed a few of them with techron additive.

My Fuel gauge has been doing the same thing for the last couple of months. I fill it up and it either stays where it was previously or just drops to empty and the light comes on. After driving for a while it shoots back up to where it should be. The meter on the overhead consol that tells me how many miles to empty seems to be accurate however.