Diesel Wars-Buffalo Valley, TN-$3,500 Payouts

You're the charcoal gray second gen I suppose? Truck looks awesome.

Whoever had the dark green 7.3 single cab, that truck impressed me. I liked the 4 door obs Ford too.

Big Joe Diesel, that was a tight race with Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. Truck cut fuel and threw a code 75ft from the finish on that race. :doh:

On the pass you ran 5.95 I think, I'm pretty sure u pulled the front tires high enough to break daylight when u hit 3rd gear...

I was wandering if anyone got that on camera. It looked like it did, but I could see good enough.

This was the best event we have been to all year. Lots of fun. We will definately be back next year. The place was packed.

I'm almost positive it did, that's a damn good runing common rail Ashley, kudos to you and your team

I definitely saw some daylight under those tires on the shift

The truck did pull the front wheel on the drivers side on that pass. I was standing behind/side of it when he launched.....daylight was seen.

We had a great time too and got a lot of good pics and some cool vids with the GoPro... Look for the article in Diesel World...

This was my first time to this track and I thought it was very nice and very well prepped with good traction for the fast trucks!!!

For those that didn't make it out, I ran the Chevy Cruze Diesel in the ET Bracket class and got eliminated in the first round!!! It ran a 10.77 on the first time trial pass and 11.5X or something like that on the second TT pass, so I went with a 10.70 dial in and ran an 11.5 in the first elimination round and got beat... I guess the 10.77 was a fluke... With a better dial in selection I think someone could be real good in a Cruze Diesel in the bracket classes!!!

Yes we all had a blast, awesome turnout as well!

Thanks to everyone that came, including Chris w/ Diesel World, and the Georgia Racers that ended up taking home $2,000 in pro street/heads up combined.

Ashley's truck is a freakin monster now. Ran a 5.95 w/ the forward clutches welded together in the trans. Beast of a truck!!

Thanks to all that came, look forward to next year!

DieselWars_zps4393bbe6.jpg

The truck did pull the front wheel on the drivers side on that pass. I was standing behind/side of it when he launched.....daylight was seen.

it usually does a bigger wheelie than that on launch, but we got it settled down some. ive seenn it do a second wheelie on the 1-2 shift, but never on the 2-3 shift like it did that time.

I had fun....I miss fast trucks. Hope everything is together this time next year.

Uphill track might be the reason.

It looks seriously uphill, but the owners told me that they had the track scoped and the elevation difference is only 3-inches higher at the finish line from the start line. I guess it is an optical illusion with the trees and the run off area that makes it look way uphill!

It looks seriously uphill, but the owners told me that they had the track scoped and the elevation difference is only 3-inches higher at the finish line from the start line. I guess it is an optical illusion with the trees and the run off area that makes it look way uphill!

I believe Gary, and thats probably the best prepped track I have ever seen there in my 4 years of racing there.

I think it looked like it was so uphil because of the sides of the track being at more of an incline then the actual track, and it started to go uphil pretty bad after the traps, helps for shut down though, Gary ran that track awesome, it was well prepped, you could tell he is a racer, and good job to the troll in the blue mega cab who launched in 2wd and tore up the track

I had a great time, just wish I could have got traction in the finals of the 7.70 class to give the RLC boys a better race.

I think it looked like it was so uphil because of the sides of the track being at more of an incline then the actual track, and it started to go uphil pretty bad after the traps, helps for shut down though, Gary ran that track awesome, it was well prepped, you could tell he is a racer, and good job to the troll in the blue mega cab who launched in 2wd and tore up the track

That guy didn't know any better, it was his first time at the track. I told him on his 2nd pass.....I also launched in 2nd once, my truck wasnt completely in 4wd and i thought blew through the convertor.. .but i was spinning... LOL

Gary was pissed at that guy, he should have put some thought into it before getting out on the track, ppl like that will ruin it for everyone else, most of the tracks I've noticed do not like diesels for some reason, so it doesn't take much to ruin it for the rest of us who love racing

Gary was pissed at that guy, he should have put some thought into it before getting out on the track, ppl like that will ruin it for everyone else, most of the tracks I've noticed do not like diesels for some reason, so it doesn't take much to ruin it for the rest of us who love racing

I blew the tires off too, why was he not pissed at me? If he was so pissed for a mistake.....

You didn't eat all the rubber off the track down to the concrete, there's a difference in a mistake and pure ignorance, when u go out on a track with mud tires you don't break loose and hold it on the floor and let it eat as long as you can, that's not racing

Back