lt pro
4.1pro stock
prostock
lt ss
lim ss
heavy ss
ss
unlimited ss
I am sure I missed a few,and they all look about the same. So why not have 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, unlimited single and ss

In the tractor world we got
hot farm
pro farm
super farm
lim pro
lt pro
4.1pro stock
prostock
lt ss
lim ss
heavy ss
ss
unlimited ss
I am sure I missed a few,and they all look about the same. So why not have 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, unlimited single and ss

I think there are too many tractor classes. More on the bottom side. But i guess that is because i dont like watchng tractors pull in 4 different class.

Was just pondering this today. Correct me if I'm wrong as I am no expert by any means on dynoing but if a true built 2.5 truck can lay down 800 or so horsepower on a wheel dyno and a built 2.6 truck lays down 1200 horsepower on an engine dyno after you factor in driveline losses from the wheel dyno wouldn't a 2.6 truck only be making roughly only 150-200 horsepower more than a built 2.5 truck?

Boy after reading this...I'm glad us out here on the West Coast are 5-years behind.

Was just pondering this today. Correct me if I'm wrong as I am no expert by any means on dynoing but if a true built 2.5 truck can lay down 800 or so horsepower on a wheel dyno and a built 2.6 truck lays down 1200 horsepower on an engine dyno after you factor in driveline losses from the wheel dyno wouldn't a 2.6 truck only be making roughly only 150-200 horsepower more than a built 2.5 truck?

WHEEL dynos vary! only a few true accurate ones IMO most 2.5 motors on engine dyno 900hp + or- 2.6 1200 to 1350 + or -

No point in discussing this. Just dig up the old thread, copy and paste it here, boom were done and saved a lot of time.

I'm still a fan of the fifty dollar bushing. If that's too much power then just cut it back. Seems pretty simple to me.

I've heard people talk about open driveline in the 2.6 and I think that is just dumb. If that rule happens my 2.6 truck will be a 3.0. It's too late to take the turbo away from them now, imo, because people already have so much money wrapped up in them. The single tire rule is interesting but there are several people, including myself, that have spent the money for the wider real wheel duals which would then be about worthless too. No matter what happens somebody's toes are going to get stepped on and people will always complain about something.

Simple solution with the duals when changing to srw. Put the outer dual on the front problem solved.

Simple solution with the duals when changing to srw. Put the outer dual on the front problem solved.

you've made some stupid posts before, and this one is right up there.. justins truck looks good. and he has a few $$ into making it look the way it does. so your suggesting to him throw all that down the ****ter. :nail:

My truck had dual real wheel setup on the rear and 36sts with real beadlocks on the front. Then sold them the next year to meet the local 315 srw rule not really a big deal. Maybe im mistaken but the front wheels and tires on your truck came off mine so i could meet the local rules. Its not my fault you dont like my opinion i just gave an option. Also if you are going to order wheels for a srw truck you would be most likely be ordering exactly what i posted above.

How about instead of open driveline for 2.6 trucks, just have an unlimited rear axle? That seems to be about the biggest weak point in 2.6 trucks anyways. That keeps it separate from 2.5 and 3.0 trucks... SRW also seems like a good idea, but if you do that for 2.6 you are also going to have to do that for 2.5 or else everyone will step down from 2.6 to 2.5 so they can run duals.

.....and then there would only be the transmission as the only difference between the classes.

This is exactly why the 2.8 class went away and the 2.6 class will follow suit

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I think they should just run like NTPA does and have the super stocks where anything goes then turn the 3.0 into an unlimited single (prostock) and let them run cut tires because I just can't see the point in putting 1500 hp through DOT tires anymore. Then replace 2.6 with 2.5 and keep it distinguishable with no w/a or hood stacks to regulate power some and you would have a pretty good breakdown between classes I think

I was thinking that Friday night in Hartford City, IN that 80% of the 2.6 trucks broke.

I'm sorry but if you Have a class that they tear 3/4 of the trucks up then that's more then likely a poor setup by the sled operator. he is letting them run and slamming them on the big end instead of gradually stopping them. There are more bad sled operators then good ones

^^^^^ I agree with this 100%

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I think they should just run like NTPA does and have the super stocks where anything goes then turn the 3.0 into an unlimited single (prostock) and let them run cut tires because I just can't see the point in putting 1500 hp through DOT tires anymore. Then replace 2.6 with 2.5 and keep it distinguishable with no w/a or hood stacks to regulate power some and you would have a pretty good breakdown between classes I think

Best comment on this subject in 3 years I know of a few who would like to build a 3.0 but the tire rule is point less

This. Stop calling the truck classes by the turbo size.. Not a single tractor or gas truck is called by a technical name, 3.0, 2.8, 2.6, 2.5, etc is just stupid..

Super Stock
Pro Stock
Hot Stock/Sportsman
Work Stock