does the lift pump need changed?

That's interesting Tate. If it was working for you, why did ya change it?? I'm spending enough money on this conversion, if i don't have to change the fuel pump, that is great.

I had ordered the pump before I got the truck running, and I had to go to work, so I decided to chance it and run it on the lower pres. pump. Then my new one showed up a couple months later and I swapped them out. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably just run the 18psi unit. I always heard the p-pumps like more pressure, thats why I went with the unit I currently have.

I had ordered the pump before I got the truck running, and I had to go to work, so I decided to chance it and run it on the lower pres. pump. Then my new one showed up a couple months later and I swapped them out. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably just run the 18psi unit. I always heard the p-pumps like more pressure, thats why I went with the unit I currently have.

i think you'll find in time that running a p-pump with that low of pressure will give you problems. i have heard from several people that you never want to let one get below 30-35 psi!:badidea: