dpf is gone

bubba1 said:
So you haven't got any codes regarding the servo controlling the EGR being unplugged yet?
Not with the juice set to clear codes on startup. I have a friend that did the same thing and has no Juice and his sets two lights.

haloman said:
How is everything working now?
Still working great. Looks like I will be getting around 2 mpg increase in fuel economy. I did a full tank in 2 days of 1/2 hwy and 1/2 stop and go. Got 15 miles per gallon, doing the math. 407 miles 27 gallons of fuel. Much better than before. EGTs are about 200* lower too. Now it's time to do a real road trip. I will be heading to Denver on the 14th and towing a utility trailer back. Should give me a good comparison with before. :cheer:

I'm loving my DPF delete, but I have only one question, can I run off road diesel? or will is just be throwing away a new truck?

Hi you'all

Brand new member and I'm not even a dodge owner----------yet; it is on order. I figure it will be around April 08 Laramie 2500 quad cab 6.7 6spd auto. Have alot of time on my hands so I have voluminous info on the 6.7. All the garbage they have put on these things reminds me of the early 70's (yes I'm that old) when they loaded the gas engine with a bunch of junk. Emission went down but so did performance and MPG. Sound somewhat familiar? But unlike yesteryear we have alot more electronics. It seems that the new 6.7 is designed for over the road hauler v soccer moms vehicle. The hotter the exhaust the less pollution and the less the regen. mode will go on. Probably really is effective when it is hauling. I hope the people who are alot smarter then me figure it out in a hurry. I'm not looking for more power just better MPG at a resonable price.

Which brings me to my real purpose for writing. Cost: It seeems that the cost for a juice w/ attitude, exhaust change over, intakes etc. etc. all to get 2-3 more MPG is not financially sound. Has anybody done a spread-sheet on how long it would take to re-coup your cost???

See this is what happens when you get older. Back when I was a motor head MPG didn't matter just more speed. Of course, I still like speed but I leave that for my cars. I use a truck for a truck I want my diesel to have torque without draining my fuel tank at a astronomicial rate. Oh well HI to you- all*bdh*

With my 99 dodge I drove it, and still do drive it, an average of 15000 per year. No I am not doing that much now, but for the sake of example I will go with it.
That is 15k divided by 365 days =41 miles per day
Times 10 days is 410 mile, about an average tank full.
@ 13 mpg =31.5 gals
@ 15 mpg = 27.3 gals to fill up, which is a difference of 4.2 gals. @ $3.50 per gallon, = $14.70 in 10 days. Thats a savings of $1.47 per day, So if you spend $2000, like I have done. it would only take you. 1360 days, or almost 4 years. That is a long time for total payback, but that is if you are only getting 2 mpg increase and only drive 15000 miles per year. I know a lot of people who drive double that and mostly highway that are saying they are seeing increases of 4-5 mpg. Sooooo
410 miles at 18 mpg is 22 gals for a savings of 9.5 gallons per tankfull. At $3.5 is $33.25 savings in 10 days or almost $100 a month. There ya have it.
I guess if you don't drive it much, it isn't worth it. I like not having excessive EGTs,,,, I blocked the EGR also, And tons of Soot going into my engine too. So for me there is more payoff than just at the pump. I have invested a lot of money into buying this truck and want it to last like my 99 has. You have to consider all the aspects of it.
More for you to ponder while you wait for your new truck.
And BTW. Welcome.:cheer:

I have a milage god for a customer who logs every gal and every mile in all of his vehicles, with juice/w att and h&s installed now 6 mpg gain at an average today of 24.3 mpg. I think it is money well spent. I leave tomorow on a four day road trip so this will be the first test with mine same mods, hope Iget the same improvement he has shown.