Dr. Performance Wastegate Combo Kit

MikeD

Figured I would post this up over here for the guys that don't migrate to far from this area

How many of you guys burn through your turbo flanges because of excessively high EGT's? Well after burning through 2 on the dragster last year Charlie decided to build his own.

Dr. Performance is proud to give another first to the diesel community, the most durable turbo flange available on the market today. The flange is a custom ported T4 Flange that is built from Ductile Iron to withstand the highest EGT's. We are currently running the exact same flange on our own Pro Stock Diesel Race Truck.

Please PM me for your Competition Diesel price....

WastegateCombo.jpg

also here is a true before and after, the one on the right is off our dakota that we ran this weekend in baytown

NewTurboFlangeComp.jpg

Good idea, not really a good example. Charlie told me that you guys were only seeing 800-900 degrees down the track. Some of these guys are seeing 1800+. John Robinson has seen 2300+

Also, you might want to look around before you consider it a first. There are others on the market.

Now dagit Mike... :kick: How come I havent gotten pics yet so I can put it up on the site. :poke: Dont make me get all "okie dokie" on your a$$ next time im down there.. Put down the BBQ sandwich and send some pics/prices.. :evil

Good idea, not really a good example. Charlie told me that you guys were only seeing 800-900 degrees down the track. Some of these guys are seeing 1800+. John Robinson has seen 2300+

Also, you might want to look around before you consider it a first. There are others on the market.

8-900*
Is that Fahrenheit??

Chris

We made a total of 5 passes this past weekend at Houston Raceway Park during the ADRL event. We ran three of the passes with nitrous(small pills) and saw EGT's in the 1300-1400 range. The other two passes were made with NO nitrous with EGT's running 1800+.

Charlie has every ran every flange on the market on either the rail or truck and burn through them at some point. This flange is the product of those frustrations finally comming to head.

I know it is hard to see in the pictures but the flange itself has 9 heat flutes to help dissipate the heat. The flange is not built out of Mild Steel or Chrome Moly, it is made to withstand a substantial amount more heat than what is on the market today. I can promise you after watching Charlie go through testing with this product, it will handle just about anything the diesel world will throw at it.:rockwoot:

as for john seeing 2300+ EGT's does that really need to be discussed....*bdh*

Ductile iron?
Was the cost of a high-temp alloy prohibitive?

The "heat flute" grooves cut with a ball-end mill look neat, but heat dissipation works better with protruding features... a larger quantity of thinner grooves (think keyway cutter) would give your product much more surface area - and a corresponding amount of heat rejection.

Also, wouldn't TIG'ing them be better?

Thermal barrier coating?

IMO, liquid-cooled WG flanges are cost-effective in the long run.

Do you have any photos of melted flanges?

I have a few photos of a melted flange. Sig600 does as well. Let me know if you want to clutter up this thread or want them in PM.

I think you missed a "1" in front of that 800-900....you can't blow as much smoke as the Dr.P truck does and not burn pretty hot ;)

Melted flange pix in this thread would be best - show potential customers the potential problem along with the solution.

Brandon you have my spacer...I'm pretty sure it melted some of the steel flanges away and that's what went through the turbine of the GT4088R. I'll check the other one I have when I get back in the good ole USA!

Chris

We are on our 2nd year with our flange bought from industrial injection. No signs of wear & we are running well over 900 degrees with our egt`s.......? What flange were you guys running?