Dr. Performance Wastegate Combo Kit

A Pro 52 I just took off last week melted away some of the center section of the volute divider and and the T4 spacer divider center piece was about to fall apart.

Looks to me that, that is a turbo that's melted not a flange. Also, Looking at it, were you running a non-split flange with that or just the gasket?

Nope...the divider of the t3-t6 adapter is gone;)

Brandon melted my turbo with that one:D:D
Chris

:hehe:... and the other half is laughing at the first half!LOL

That mofo was HOT, Bnranod.

Just a tad. Is it bad to peg the 1600F gauge by the 60' mark? :hehe:

Looks to me that, that is a turbo that's melted not a flange. Also, Looking at it, were you running a non-split flange with that or just the gasket?

The turbo (the volute to be specific) and the adapter plate both melted at the center divider. It still ran good and clicked off an 11.8 run.

Just a tad. Is it bad to peg the 1600F gauge by the 60' mark? :hehe:

The turbo (the volute to be specific) and the adapter plate both melted at the center divider. It still ran good and clicked off an 11.8 run.

That's too funny.

For the record, I saw one of the wastegate kits today. It is much more substantial than the photo shows.

Seen a few like that. Copious amounts of spray can cause issues.

Funny how nitrous "cools" things huh?

A little nitrous is good... too much under the right conditions makes a pretty good plasma cutter.:badidea:

I didn't see the gate itself, just the block. Don't know if it would have helped you Joe with melting the volute like that.

When the volute melts in that area , its cause can be traced to several possible factors , That area of the turbo is susceptible to erosion if the edge is exposed , as in a non divided manifold , and divided turbine housing.

The second factor is timing , and fuel . This post exhaust valve combustion , where you still have, not only left over fuel , but additional air as well.

This is a state where you can not burn the fuel fast enough with the timing in play, you have sufficient air to burn more fuel but no time to burn it.

A partial Solution can be found in fuel additives. Cetan enhancement is very critical , just as in a good crisp 69 435 hp tri power Corvette , you can not use the cheapest fuel and expect good results .

You can tune for this , with pump diesel , if your GBE and have a 10 million dollar facility , with cylinder pressure probes . But for the average guy , a good dose of cetan enhancer will do wonders .
Remember you have to burn the fuel before the exhaust valve opens

The new wastegate divider is hardcore overkill, and a good looking piece . It appears the answer to a problem with the high RPM , high air flow diesel drag racing engine its simply moving a lot of air , and fuel thru an engine, and pump diesels inability to maintain sufficient flame front propagation speed .

As Charles brothers Tony Stewart calls it "Tookie juice" , its makes power by allowing diesel to burn faster.

There are several diesel race fuels out there now , they make a huge difference and more so on non electronic engines .
I like the Pure Purple fuel, I know that John is pushing the new Torco diesel racing fuel, and VP has new diesel racing fuel fuel that I have been testing

Last edited: