Drag truck/Street toy build

Wow that is incredible for a 12mm! Is it a 215 pump? Looks like the block is gonna need filled soon...

No, it's a 180 pump. Quite a few people claim the Dyno was generous so I don't know. I want a 13mm pump bad but I've spe too much money getting the truck NHRA legal for that to happen this winter.

I won't ever fill the block in this truck though. It's still a street truck and there are other things we're trying to keep them together.

Dude...I've been following along & just gotta say nice work/build that's a bad S.O.B!!!

Dude...I've been following along & just gotta say nice work/build that's a bad S.O.B!!!

Thanks man!

Last night I finished building the W/A fan shroud, finish mounted the 6.7 bumper, mounted the trans cooler in it, and made a tow hook for the front. Since its 11" off the ground I wanted a way to pull it in case something happened LOL

228294A4_zpsd9e07317.jpg

DCF76EAE_zps322d7b05.jpg

971C6C3C_zpse94d79a1.jpg

665EB6BB_zpsa68d70e8.jpg

6988AE69_zpsdd75d0a5.jpg

Been busy doing a bunch of wiring lately. I rewired the entire truck. I've got 4 separate harnesses. One for the fuse panel to dash harness, one dash harness, one chassis harness, and the engine harness. Everything is easily removable with Deutsch connectors on each. There are no grommets in the fire wall. Everything is done using pass throughs and I'm working on smoothing the fire wall now. I ordered my Racepak and it'll ship Friday so I can finish the dash and get it running again.

Man, this is making me jealous, running two different data logging systems is a pain in my arse. Have you had a chance to mess around with their software yet?

Man, this is making me jealous, running two different data logging systems is a pain in my arse. Have you had a chance to mess around with their software yet?

No, their customer service is awesome though. They made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. They assured me it's easy to use but in the off chance I run into problems they are extremely knowledgable.

228294A4_zpsd9e07317.jpg

DCF76EAE_zps322d7b05.jpg

971C6C3C_zpse94d79a1.jpg

665EB6BB_zpsa68d70e8.jpg

6988AE69_zpsdd75d0a5.jpg

Been busy doing a bunch of wiring lately. I rewired the entire truck. I've got 4 separate harnesses. One for the fuse panel to dash harness, one dash harness, one chassis harness, and the engine harness. Everything is easily removable with Deutsch connectors on each. There are no grommets in the fire wall. Everything is done using pass throughs and I'm working on smoothing the fire wall now. I ordered my Racepak and it'll ship Friday so I can finish the dash and get it running again.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::clap::clap::clap:

Everything looks great! The IQ3 is really nice.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::clap::clap::clap:

Everything looks great! The IQ3 is really nice.

Thanks, this was an early shot of the fuse panel. It's a little more occupied now but just as organized lol It deffinitly took some time. I've still got to build the mount for the IQ3. I really wanted the GPS but it's only offered in the road racing version that uses the IQ3 as a data logger as well. I opted for the IQ3 display and a v300 data logger unit. The IQ3 has the gauges, a progressive shift light, and warning lights. The v300 monitors g force, rpm, driveshaft rpm, trans slip, and voltage. And has(I believe) 67 additional inputs. I can always run another one if I fill them all up too. Right now I have everything the v300 monitors, along with 6 EGT probes, trans temp, coolant temp, oil psi, total boost 0-150, drive psi 0-150, primary boost 0-75, fuel psi 0-150, and nitrous psi 0-1500.

Eventually I'll add oil temp, inlet W/A temp, outlet W/A temp, post radiator W/A temp, ambient air temp, pre Intercooler temp, post Intercooler temp, front suspension travel, rear suspension travel, trans psi, and post Intercooler boost.

Nice wiring setup man :ylsuper:

Where'd you get your RTMR panels at? I've been looking to get one to clean my wiring up but haven't got around to it. Waytek seems to be the only place
I've found that carries everything.

Is each additional data point via V-Net system an additional ~$250?

I see you can add a limited number of analog inputs with 0-5 volt transducers, which would be the least expensive option it appears.

Nice wiring setup man :ylsuper:

Where'd you get your RTMR panels at? I've been looking to get one to clean my wiring up but haven't got around to it. Waytek seems to be the only place
I've found that carries everything.

Thanks! Yea, Waytek is where I got the panels, I made the box, the flasher unit is a timed LED unit from superbrightleds.com, and we stock all the Deutsch stuff.

Is each additional data point via V-Net system an additional ~$250?

I see you can add a limited number of analog inputs with 0-5 volt transducers, which would be the least expensive option it appears.

Yea, depending on the sensor its ~$250. Some are a little cheaper. I think the cheapest is $170. All the pressures are $250 though. They offer cool stuff to keep the install clean like pass through connectors and billet aluminum roll cage mounts(both of which I'll be using) and since everything communicates on a data link it's clean, easy, reliable, and very expandable!

You really can't beat the cleanliness of the integrated and custom built components, and in the long run the cost isn't all that bad considering the expansion available in this system. The cheapskate in me wants to use a lower cost standard 0-5v transducer and standard conductors though, yet the problem remains finding a microcontroller that will readily accept more than ~8 analog inputs where the Racepack will do 57 via the V-Net.

Thanks, this was an early shot of the fuse panel. It's a little more occupied now but just as organized lol It deffinitly took some time. I've still got to build the mount for the IQ3. I really wanted the GPS but it's only offered in the road racing version that uses the IQ3 as a data logger as well. I opted for the IQ3 display and a v300 data logger unit. The IQ3 has the gauges, a progressive shift light, and warning lights. The v300 monitors g force, rpm, driveshaft rpm, trans slip, and voltage. And has(I believe) 67 additional inputs. I can always run another one if I fill them all up too. Right now I have everything the v300 monitors, along with 6 EGT probes, trans temp, coolant temp, oil psi, total boost 0-150, drive psi 0-150, primary boost 0-75, fuel psi 0-150, and nitrous psi 0-1500.

Eventually I'll add oil temp, inlet W/A temp, outlet W/A temp, post radiator W/A temp, ambient air temp, pre Intercooler temp, post Intercooler temp, front suspension travel, rear suspension travel, trans psi, and post Intercooler boost.

So the logging iq3 is only available in a road race version?

You really can't beat the cleanliness of the integrated and custom built components, and in the long run the cost isn't all that bad considering the expansion available in this system. The cheapskate in me wants to use a lower cost standard 0-5v transducer and standard conductors though, yet the problem remains finding a microcontroller that will readily accept more than ~8 analog inputs where the Racepack will do 57 via the V-Net.

I wouldn't cheap out on that stuff but obviously it's up to you. It's already gonna be expensive. Might as well go all out!

So the logging iq3 is only available in a road race version?

Pretty much. So drag racing applications you use the display only version of the IQ3 and the v300 is the data logging unit. It's almost infinitely expandable but by itself will log the 4 it comes with(I posted them earlier) and 67 additional channels. The system I got records 1000 frames a second!

I wouldn't cheap out on that stuff but obviously it's up to you. It's already gonna be expensive. Might as well go all out!

Pretty much. So drag racing applications you use the display only version of the IQ3 and the v300 is the data logging unit. It's almost infinitely expandable but by itself will log the 4 it comes with(I posted them earlier) and 67 additional channels. The system I got records 1000 frames a second!

I've had really good luck with the stainless pressure transducers I've bought on ebay, for 20-30 bucks, its hard not to buy them. The PCS TCM-2000 allows for several additional 0-5v inputs, and the Edge Insight CTS has quite a bit of expandability through a very similar system to the v-net Racepack uses, but all together I can only log 24 sensors plus whatever is read through the OBDII port.

This system you have is very likely where I will end up if I continue on the current path. Its clearly a better system, but I'd have to spend $3500 to $4500 on sensors. :doh:

I'd love to install a couple turbo shaft speed sensors!

I've had really good luck with the stainless pressure transducers I've bought on ebay, for 20-30 bucks, its hard not to buy them. The PCS TCM-2000 allows for several additional 0-5v inputs, and the Edge Insight CTS has quite a bit of expandability through a very similar system to the v-net Racepack uses, but all together I can only log 24 sensors plus whatever is read through the OBDII port.

This system you have is very likely where I will end up if I continue on the current path. Its clearly a better system, but I'd have to spend $3500 to $4500 on sensors. :doh:

I'd love to install a couple turbo shaft speed sensors!

Yea, 6k on a data logger is hard to swallow but it's pretty much the best you can buy. Suspension travel sensors, turbo speed, and all the other capabilities make it hard to pass up.

Especially if you are a nerd like me. (and you apparently) :rockwoot: I love pouring through data, making changes, and seeing results first hand!

Especially if you are a nerd like me. (and you apparently) :rockwoot: I love pouring through data, making changes, and seeing results first hand!

Yea, my excitement for wiring kinda solidifies the nerd thing!:hehe:

The turbo speed stuff would be awesome to have

That, trans pressure, trans slip, and suspension travel sensors gets me excited! LOL