Drag truck/Street toy build

I am going to try a soup strainer screen on the dyno and see what the power difference is vs my current AFE filter. I don't think I can justify running a screen on the track though, especially if it's only worth 10-20 hp.

I jumped 100hp removing the filter. It was a terribly undersized unit though.

Yep, I was there. I was running a remote mounted single and popped the pipe between the manifold and charger. It was a temporary setup until the high pressure charger came in. I had just hoped it would last longer than one pass... LOL

I do have some. I'll try to find them on Facebook. I made an x shaped mount out of 3/8" plate that bolts on where the A/C compressor used to be. Then it's got 1" solid stock that supports the LP charger off the exhaust flange. I'm not a fan of the supports that hold the charger on the oil drain flange.

Oil drain mounts ALWAYS leak, they're just so convenient

Is your engine mounted solid/rigid?

You do spectacular work!

Thanks man.

No, I made the vanity ring big enough to clearance it a little around the stack but I ended up liking the 1" all the way around the stack so I made a new vanity ring with 1/4" all the way around the stack.

Thanks man.

No, I made the vanity ring big enough to clearance it a little around the stack but I ended up liking the 1" all the way around the stack so I made a new vanity ring with 1/4" all the way around the stack.

I worded this poorly. I meant I like the look of a 1" thick vanity ring all the way around the stack and obviously the engine torquing over would require some room. So I made a new vanity ring(also 1" thick) with a 1/4" gap all the way around the stack for movement.

I figured that's what you meant. Even still, is 1/4" clearance enough? I figured that powerful of a setup would move around a little more than that but maybe not?

I figured that's what you meant. Even still, is 1/4" clearance enough? I figured that powerful of a setup would move around a little more than that but maybe not?

We'll see LOL I haven't driven it yet. I hope so! I really don't want a bigger gap than that.

That's one sweet ass build. Makes me want to strip my DD down and go full drag with it.

Almost have all the piping done. This is my first big stainless project. I know my stainless Tig welding needs work but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The picture of the hood stack is deceiving. There is an equal gap all the way around the tubing. I'll get a better picture.

ABB17D70-1128-43A7-9BD1-C49095A33D7A_zpsutoyeotr.jpg

7A2D3419-F0E3-4ACB-9F2C-CBFCE28B9EA0_zpsc67xvfqu.jpg

70168389-B120-41A1-8EE7-06ED5C6210D5_zpsxash2kxb.jpg

87A51832-3477-44E0-B93B-33D6A9FD307D_zps5rcbzjee.jpg

Well, I ran out of material. I'm 1, 2" 90* short of being done. Monday it'll be running again.

47183138-BD0E-4C8F-A66F-BE9816C2B03D_zpszits5qel.jpg

A66CC95E-4324-413A-82F7-94E8C35CE85D_zpslaqoy5en.jpg

E7968993-9641-4CCE-A0BC-26D9ECDBDE9C_zpsuxzdxh87.jpg

9935A1D2-173C-4601-9FEB-FA921ABDA86C_zpsntegqbui.jpg

Chit tons of quality time, craftsmanship, engineering and parts going into this beast. The results speak for itself. Great job helluva truck! :rockwoot:

Chit tons of quality time, craftsmanship, engineering and parts going into this beast. The results speak for itself. Great job helluva truck! :rockwoot:

Thank you sir. It's come a long way since its track debut(with any kind of power) a year ago. I'm just glad after the countless hours I've got into this thing it's finally starting to pay off.