Duramax CP3???

Seriously, what calculator are you useing?:hehe:

I have NEVER ran a full 1/4 mile under current full power we have, i have always shut the engine off at the 1/8 mile and on the brakes ran 9.0's......

Just so you know, i have NOT had the engine "tuned" yet it's still on the street,start up tune john put in it 9 months ago......

it takes about 1000hp+ to run what were running now in the 1/8, you can look at the calculator all you want, it's so far off at this level it's not even funny. Not to mention that we havent got the tires to stay planted all the way down the track yet....There are so many variables at this level that dont applie to you at your level.

HP does not accelerate 7000lbs the same way it accelerates 3000lbs

For example, look at pro stock car engines, dyno one thing totally different than they run at the track----the track shows hundreds more HP!

Save your self the heart trouble and stay away from the calculators unless you know what your looking at.

Interesting, why would you be on the brakes and the last 660 feet, and then post 1/4 time and MPH, if they are so misleading? And why since you are the one who wanted the 1/8 miles times and agreed to keep the list, you haven't posted your times in the 1/8? Sorry Wade I call BS, I don't care anything about dyno numbers, all I'm saying using what you have posted as your race weight and what you have posted that you have ran is what it is. And yes I would hope that the same HP would accelerate a 3000 lb vehicle much different than a 7000 lb vehicle, and until you post something different, the HP calculator on the top of this page is pretty accurate to what you have posted for both ET and MPH. I would hope with your incredible expertise in the diesel engine building world, especially with the duramax that you could make more than 628 RWHP. Hell my old daily driver makes about a 1000 hp and it doesn't even work that hard to do it.

So until you can post something that is a full run or at least is the 1/8 mile time on the 1/8 mile list. I'd say the HP calcuator is pretty much right on in your case and I repeat a single CP pump will work for you at that power level. Good luck.

you have got to remeber he is only leaving with 7 pounds of boost. but if you think he is making hp in the 600s you are saying that derrins pro stock is only making in the 600s because wade has a faster back half and yes i have seen the slips to prove it

Totally understand that traction play a huge part in getting one of these light weight vehicles down the track. But it takes way less HP for a truck like Wade's to run a 9.0 at 2800 lbs then it does one that is closer to 5000 lbs. I would hope he will be able to tune it (John Boy) once he get it dialed in to much more HP, and I'd bet that a single cp pump won't cut it when they do.

Totally understand that traction play a huge part in getting one of these light weight vehicles down the track. But it takes way less HP for a truck like Wade's to run a 9.0 at 2800 lbs then it does one that is closer to 5000 lbs. I would hope he will be able to tune it (John Boy) once he get it dialed in to much more HP, and I'd bet that a single cp pump won't cut it when they do.

the night he ran a 9.0 1/4 he shut the truck off at the 1/8 mile and push the clutch in and costed to a 9.0. i know this because i was there and have seen the data log.Also if he posted the time slip up you would seeif i remember correctly that his 1/8 mile mph is around 15mph faster then his 1/4 mile. AS OF RIGHT NOW WADE HAS NO INTREST IN RUNNING 1/4 MILE THIS YR

the night he ran a 9.0 1/4 he shut the truck off at the 1/8 mile and push the clutch in and costed to a 9.0. i know this because i was there and have seen the data log.Also if he posted the time slip up you would seeif i remember correctly that his 1/8 mile mph is around 15mph faster then his 1/4 mile. AS OF RIGHT NOW WADE HAS NO INTREST IN RUNNING 1/4 MILE THIS YR

So what you are saying is he ran 160mph in the 1/8 mile? That should trap him in the 6.7 and 190+ range in the 1/4 mile given all things are going well. Would think Wade would want to try and do that. Maybe next year.:lolly:

I'm gonna call BS on this.

NGM Diesel 9.01 @ 145 (9-25-10) 2800 lbs, Lenco - Johnboy

So he runs 5.4 and 130 in the 1/8 then shuts it down and gets on the brakes and coasts through the 1/4 at 145 and 9.1. This is getting better.

All I'm saying is when Johnboy turns up the power, (Wade says it still has it break in tune) that a single cp will not be enough to hold rail pressure, period. I hope Wade gets it dialed in and beats the top time in Prostock, that is good for the sport and I also know he has done a ton of work on that truck. But being an arrogant pompous ass doesn't make him the end all authority, and it doesn't take a 1000 hp to run a 5.4 1/8 mile at his race weight, more like 770 if everything is working and hooking.

So what you are saying is he ran 160mph in the 1/8 mile? That should trap him in the 6.7 and 190+ range in the 1/4 mile given all things are going well. Would think Wade would want to try and do that. Maybe next year.:lolly:

No you did not understand what he said, i ran a 5.40 @ 130 1/8 and went throught the 1/4 at like 9.0@114 or somthing

This pass was not with current power(more nitrous)( read my fist post) AND a totally different rear gear And still was not a full 1/4 mile Early in the run the nitrous and lift pump fuses blew so i shut it down about 750'-850 into the run. However it WAS going to be a full pass
So he runs 5.4 and 130 in the 1/8 then shuts it down and gets on the brakes and coasts through the 1/4 at 145 and 9.1. This is getting better.

All I'm saying is when Johnboy turns up the power, (Wade says it still has it break in tune) that a single cp will not be enough to hold rail pressure, period. I hope Wade gets it dialed in and beats the top time in Prostock, that is good for the sport and I also know he has done a ton of work on that truck. But being an arrogant pompous ass doesn't make him the end all authority, and it doesn't take a 1000 hp to run a 5.4 1/8 mile at his race weight, more like 770 if everything is working and hooking.

You not very smart, id like to see your truck leave with 7lbs of boost and see what it runs......then ad tire shake in first, second and third gear, then add gear change kick out at every shift about .5 g's worth lateral, Then add a a loss of about 300 hp(nitrous fuse) Then run a 5.40.......:bang

This is not even worth debaiting ken's just not a seasoned racer and has no idea what really happens at the track, and sure has no expirence with a tube chassis.........if it were so easy everyone would do it.

Remember that the calculator you worship is only giving you a average HP applied to the track. Better study up:hehe:

Last edited:
Bringing the facts!

Ken, i dont want to ruin this thread, i posted factual info about my personal useage of one pump.

Im at sea level the correction NHRA calculation for Sea level is 1.55, some orgs use 1.50, but i'll be fair.

5.40 1/8 x 1.55 = 8.39 1/4 since you like 1/4 miles so much just thought i would give you some insite....

One other thing i'll bring to light, Back half. I have averaged between 1.7's and 1.8's seconds in the 1/8.

With all your infinate knowledge do you know how much power it takes to go that fast?

Lets just say that darren and banks avg the exact B/H as i do, and thats Well North of 1000HP...........Thats right, with a single II CP3

We have only 20 passes on this thing, were just getting started!

No claims, just facts! :rockwoot:

600 hp......:hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
Not so fast

On most Diesel trucks it works out to be 1.59 or 1.60 on the 1/8. Wade your truck runs good, looks good, and is a very nice truck but I have to agree you are not at 1000 hp to run your times. Jeff

On most Diesel trucks it works out to be 1.59 or 1.60 on the 1/8. Wade your truck runs good, looks good, and is a very nice truck but I have to agree you are not at 1000 hp to run your times. Jeff

You talking about back half times? or correction factors, 1.60 @ sea level? that might work out for a 7000lbs non aero dynamic brick , but not a pro stock truck..

Last edited:
correction factors for instance banks runs a 5.01-6 1/8 x 1.55 = 7.77 and slower. makes since. they run at sea level mostly, makes since, there 1/8 back half is 1.75-1.85, depending on what run you look at, same as mine, and darren is the same.

the 1.60 correction factor is in place only for the higher elevations 4k + like mile high raceway.ECT

NHRA told me what there correction factors were, and i posted that a post or two ago 1.60 for 5k and higher and 1.55 for sea level, while IHRA use's 1.58 for elevation and 1.50 for sea level.

Wade

None of this matters until you get it down the track and post the numbers. A single CP3 can only pump so much fuel. That amount of fuel contains "X" BTU of energy and that get you only so much Hp. The higher RPM you turn the motor the worse off the fuel system is and a single CP3 is NOT going to cut it, been there done that.

did any body even read what i wrote his 1/8 mile was 15 mph faster then the 1/4 mile time. you guys are reading it bass akwards

Those numbers jive just fine, Ive ran very simular numbers nearly every pass when getting out of it right at the 660' stripe. Usually coast to around a 8.95 - 9.1x at ~ 100 when letting out on a 5.3x to 5.4x pass at ~128-130mph 1/8th. I've ran a 9.01 @ 91 in a gasser bracket race where I broke hard at the stripe to 'try' and keep from breaking out.... lost that race also. 5.39 on a 5.47 dial in

Point is with a 5.40 1/8th look for around a 8.2x-8.4x 1/4 anyway maybe better if gearing is spot on. Mine was far from it and would still BH 2.90in the 1/4 but had no mph to speak of due to being out of gear [or RPM for some of you.lol]

Last edited:
Ken, i dont want to ruin this thread, i posted factual info about my personal useage of one pump.

Im at sea level the correction NHRA calculation for Sea level is 1.55, some orgs use 1.50, but i'll be fair.

5.40 1/8 x 1.55 = 8.39 1/4 since you like 1/4 miles so much just thought i would give you some insite....

One other thing i'll bring to light, Back half. I have averaged between 1.7's and 1.8's seconds in the 1/8.

With all your infinate knowledge do you know how much power it takes to go that fast?

Lets just say that darren and banks avg the exact B/H as i do, and thats Well North of 1000HP...........Thats right, with a single II CP3

We have only 20 passes on this thing, were just getting started!

No claims, just facts! :rockwoot:

600 hp......:hehe::hehe:
Are you saying it takes you 1.7 - 1.8 seconds to cover the back 1/8 mile of the 1/4? Or are you saying if you multiply your 1/8 mile time by 1.7 - 1.8 you get your 1/4 mile ET?

Also, for just facts, I see you posting a lot of speculation...

did any body even read what i wrote his 1/8 mile was 15 mph faster then the 1/4 mile time. you guys are reading it bass akwards
I read it, and it doesn't make sense. The time I saw posted had a 1/4 mile trap speed of 145 MPH. If his 1/8 mile trap was 15 MPH faster, that means he ran 160 MPH in the 1/8. I'm calling BS on that.

Unless you meant what you just wrote. "his 1/8 mile was 15 mph faster then the 1/4 mile time." His 1/4 mile time was 9.0 seconds. So his 1/8 mile was 24 MPH. I think that is a little slow, but easily doable.

Are you saying it takes you 1.7 - 1.8 seconds to cover the back 1/8 mile of the 1/4? Or are you saying if you multiply your 1/8 mile time by 1.7 - 1.8 you get your 1/4 mile ET?

Also, for just facts, I see you posting a lot of speculation...

I read it, and it doesn't make sense. The time I saw posted had a 1/4 mile trap speed of 145 MPH. If his 1/8 mile trap was 15 MPH faster, that means he ran 160 MPH in the 1/8. I'm calling BS on that.

Unless you meant what you just wrote. "his 1/8 mile was 15 mph then the 1/4 mile time." His 1/4 mile time was 9.0 seconds. So his 1/8 mile was 24 MPH. I think that is a little slow, but easily doable.

i was refering to the back half of the 1/8 mile being 1.7-1.8
I would have never said a word about the power i made, but ken hit me with a low blow, and the record needed to be set straight

Cory is talking about two different times slips...

Josh really, who cares?

i was refering to the back half of the 1/8 mile being 1.7-1.8
I would have never said a word about the power i made, but ken hit me with a low blow, and the record needed to be set straight

Cory is talking about two different times slips...

Josh really, who cares?
Seconds?

Yes as in elapsed time(seconds)....330'-660' (1/8 mile back half) Do you drag race?

The calculation at sea level for 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile would be between 1.50 and 1.55 X whatever the 1/8 ET is and 1.24-1.29 X 1/8 MPH is normally used for MPH

Last edited:
Yes as in elapsed time(seconds)....330'-660' (1/8 mile back half) Do you drag race?

The calculation at sea level for 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile would be between 1.50 and 1.55 X whatever the 1/8 ET is and 1.24-1.29 X 1/8 MPH is normally used for MPH
Never been to a drag strip in my life...

So you post in this thread that the Banks truck can back half in 2.76 seconds, and then you claim that your truck is a full second quicker? I want some of what you're smoking.