Dynamic timing p pump

kole32

I was on Instagram and came across a guy that works at industrial injection, he's testing out a 13.5 mm p pump on his 12 valve that has dynamic timing advance, he can't say much about it because him and another guy are testing it. Any idea how they're doing it ?
1164620ccd79400a7e7b073fac4e87ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wasn't a guy in Canada doing it with a gilmer belt driven pump?

Same with that guy that was running dual P7100's. The guy doesnt seem smart enough to be working on stuff like that. Just judging him by his grammar lol

He says industrial injection designed it lol, there's videos of it running on his page. But he won't go into anymore detail on it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can it be built into a cam to change timing? That's a hard part. Lol bout the only way I see this possible is to somehow spin the pump as rpms increase.

It would be easiest done with a oil controlled pump gear like a vanos on a BMW cam

Variable valve timing. Would that not be hard to do inside a ppump?

There's a notch on the plungers on a 215 pump that retard timing at full rack I believe.

They advance timing. It more then likely works like the 215s. I have a few 12mm ppumps sitting around that can advance timing 20* with notched plungers. To me this is only really viable on a daily driver. The problem with them on a daily driver is you'd have to be at full rack travel to get full advance. So for instance your towing up a grade you obviously are not going to run wide open. I hope I'm wrong and they have made a gear that does it though.

Last edited:
The mechanical cat setup is probably the simplest and most reliable, I always thought a scaled down version of it would be fairly simple. I guess the 12v market is probably a little soft for engineering a timing system.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It really wouldnt be that diffcult todo, If you use fly weights and a ramp on a adjustable cam gear. As RPMs go up the flywheights come out thus pushing the cam gear up the ramp advancing(could retard to) the timing.

Would take some pretty heavy fly weights as those pump take a far amount of HP, but just thinking you could change weight or profiles to advance quicker or slower.

Think of it like how a Primary clucth CVT works on a snowmobile or ATV/SxS.

Back