dyno numbers?

I believe its tomorrow for dyno. It was last year

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The dyno was there but the generator they were using burnt up the mother board in the dyno so they postponed it till saturday.

Im curious to here about everyones low numbers!! I was about 150 low.. Saw several other guys just baffled as well after there truck was ran..

I talked to them last night before leaving the sled pull park. They had 73 trucks on the dyno.

Sheila

A few of my customers had some low numbers on the one dyno, but good numbers on the other one. That's a lot of trucks for one day. Keep us in mind for next year Sheila :)

last i seen there was a silver 3rd gen with a starlight sticker that made a little over 770 but there was more trucks that made pulls after that and i didnt go back.

my buddys 06 dodge made 550 on the right hand dyno on 35" tires and a "work stock" charger. first pull was 518 then we picked up 32hp over the next 3 pulls by tweeking on the tune.

did anybody else think the numbers were a bit low?

i thought mine were very low!! "97 12v" i talked several people before i dyno'd that warned me of the lower than normal numbers. Beans dyno'd my 6.7 last year and all was good. im not sure what the deal was!?

I know allot of people were saying they thought thier numbers were low and looking at them it seemed that way to me as well. But, as far as our dyno goes it is all the same setup and setting as we always run at the shop. Atleast one truck that dynoed at the shop last month did within 2hp at TS as he did here and I have done 1272 hp with my drag truck on it. So I am kinda baffled why it would be low across the board but still match numbers it has done at the shop. And if its down as a whole all the time then that means my drag truck must put down 1500+ LOL.

Now as far as the second dyno we didnt run that one so I cant tell you for sure what was goin on there. Pretty sure one truck picked up over 75hp from that one to ours, still low according to them though.

I was just curious because i watched the 6.4 that was in dpc last year he done over 800 at dpc but was only in the 600s Saturday. My buddys truck has my old setup on it and i done 610 on a dynojet with it with an edge attitude/mp8 for tuning. Now he has a billet 364 and efi at a 3100 pluse yet hes 60hp lower? Btw the injectors are 90hp ddps.

Does that not sound low for that fuel?

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I wont argue that the #'s seemed low for allot of what was goin across the rollers. But I am confused as to why they would be since the dyno has all the same settings as we run at the shop.

I think Rudy got on Chris's dyno and I am not sure Chris was real familure with dynoing 6.4's. They can be a bit of a pain with the trans if someone is not used to them. I know Rudy said his bottle may have been empty too so th could have caused some less then stellar #'s.

Dont get me wrong im not mad about the numbers. We done exactly what we were wanting to do and that was dial the tune in. I told him dont look at the total number just look at the 32 hp we gained by dialing it in. Thats 32 more if its 532 or 632 total stil free hp. I was just puzzled why it was lower when his truck feels at least 50hp stronger then mine did and he has alot better tuning then i did so it should make more. In the end a dyno is just a tuning tool tho.

I was just curious because i watched the 6.4 that was in dpc last year he done over 800 at dpc but was only in the 600s Saturday. My buddys truck has my old setup on it and i done 610 on a dynojet with it with an edge attitude/mp8 for tuning. Now he has a billet 364 and efi at a 3100 pluse yet hes 60hp lower? Btw the injectors are 90hp ddps.

Does that not sound low for that fuel?

you also gotta remember that at DPC ATS is using a 23% correction factor, im sure at TS they are running no correction or a very low number. That will make a huge difference on numbers

you really cant compare dyno numbers from dyno to dyno unless you know what correction each is using, or just go off uncorrected numbers

you also gotta remember that at DPC ATS is using a 23% correction factor, im sure at TS they are running no correction or a very low number. That will make a huge difference on numbers

you really cant compare dyno numbers from dyno to dyno unless you know what correction each is using, or just go off uncorrected numbers

I understand that. Thats why i said they are just a tuning tool and for that you nerd back to back pulls on the same dyno to see the best results. I didnt know that ats was using that much correction tho. Good info

Watching some of the videos it didn't seem like the trucks were loaded that much. The settings may have been the same, but is the generator big enough to keep up with the demand of the eddy brake? We have a 10KW feeding ours to keep up with all the electronic demands. I can see if the generator wasn't putting enough amps out to load the truck up enough that would result in low numbers.