Dyno numbers!!! :(

Sutter1stgen

Short for my weight
Well with the tooth jumped, airdog, and pump turned a quarter turn from runaway, I only mustered 358/716. It's an improvement, but not much. Injectors are going to be gone through, and possibly different chargers/chargers.

Hx35/hx55 compounds, 6x16s, Airdogll165, pump mods, timing to the head with tooth skipped. I adjusted it all the way to the head for the last run, and gained some hp.

I've been advised already to get a larger primary. I'm running the same washer thickness that came with my ddps. I took one ofthe old ones in to the local injector shop and they gave me 6new. The guy said that they were the incorrect thickness, and that I needed thicker washers. So here I am wondering if the thinner washers alond with a larger primary will help get me to that magic 400.
I have plenty of fuel now, as people were complaining about the smoke. So I need to get what I already have burned.

That sucks man....never know what that key difference will be. It would be nice to see your rpm per mph ratio so you could calculate converter slip. Should be somewhere below 20 percent.

Ive even contemplated running my old s366 with a tighter housing as a single. I have the fuel, I just need to get the air to go with it. But yes it would be nice to see the slip presented by the converter.

Good news is I beat johns p pump 1gen by 1hp lol.
Maybe that's why I like messing with the old ve. It's a challenge.

Maybe if you guys didnt get there at the butt crack of dawn I could watch you guys dyno. We didnt make it over the hill until after lunch.

Stomp

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if you guys didnt get there at the butt crack of dawn I could watch you guys dyno. We didnt make it over the hill until after lunch.

Stomp

Slow to spool, huh? Too much liquid injection the night before put your fire out?? :poke:LOLLOL

Not bad! I'd love to be at that level. Maybe I am but just don't know it, yet...

With those injectors and as much timing as the bigger ones like, you could go for a set of fairly thin washers. Although, I don't think it's advanced enough to be spraying outside of the bowls, it would just ensure they're plenty deep. Weston turned a set of 9-7mm adapters down to .030" for the set of 5x.012s I was running that Nick at Low Budget put together. I reused them with the set I've got now mainly because I needed adapters.

Last edited:

Stomp

They're young and enthusiastic Jeremy. Of course being closer to Redding probably helped too.

Last edited:

Stomp

I waited around till 2pm. The Mrs. needed some help on the home front.

After comparing my old dyno graphs with my new one (like your supposed to do!) I can see that advancing the timing, and fixing the drive pressure leak woke the truck up sooner. But if seems to have choked it out sooner as well with all that fuel.
Another thing I see, and I asked John how it cleared up? is that I'm way to overfueled in the mid range on up, and it's more than likely putting the fire out.
The pump being pushed another 1/16" or all the way over to the head gained my another 2hp haha. So I though to myself yesterday, I wonder what the ksb would do if hooked up again? Well just as before the truck fell on it face.

The thing is just improperly tuned, and I didn't want to listen to good advise. No excuses next time.

Hahaha

^^ Lol we'll see about that next time! Hehe

My numbers were 267 last time and 367 this time! If I could gain 90hp between each dyno run every time I would be more than happy camper!!!

I've got a s475 i will let go that will drop in place of that hx55, depending on how your piping is done. I have a set here that was built for a first gen with an hx35 over a hx50 and just for fun I bolted my s400 in there and it all fit!

My daughter's 89 non ic did 467 hp fuel only with the original 12mm pump on Jeffersons dyno that same day you ran.

No. I built a small side by side set of compounds. First Dyno run. Needs to be tuned. Ran well at the track. Consistant low 12s. I did manage a 12.08 and ran the numbers to backup the et and mph. Needs more work. Going for the 12mm record. We will see how it pans out.

Back