Dyno Run- Twin'd VP Truck

bbtank45

P6260008.flv video by billburwinkel - Photobucket

Final Numbers- 535 hp. / 1135 tq. (DynoJet with 65% load)

- Had a very hard time getting the dyno to brake/load correctly
- Also, only hit 58 psi (usually hit 70ish on street) and noticed an exhaust leak between the top charger and the hot pipe.
- These injectors are a temporary set of Mach 7's (p-pump conversion) I am running until i get my SDX's.

Right on man. Just hit the rollers again today with my setup and pretty sure I maxed out the HO vp pump at 572/1264 with .140 jet of NOS and it did 570/1229 with a .099 jet. Need some more fuel on the top end
GetAttachmentaspx-3.jpg
[/IMG]

Not too shabby!

I wasnt extremely dissapointed but i sure wasnt real happy.... i think she could use some more fuel.

may I ask why?

True.

nothing like rolling into the throttle

Yeah, the place i dyno'd at in Cincinnati very rarely ever dyno's diesel trucks; i think i'll give Dunbar's dyno a shot.

whos the redneck in the begining of the video?...haha jk

lol thanks Danny,.... that'd be my nervous fat@$$ :hehe:

Right on man. Just hit the rollers again today with my setup and pretty sure I maxed out the HO vp pump at 572/1264 with .140 jet of NOS and it did 570/1229 with a .099 jet. Need some more fuel on the top end
GetAttachmentaspx-3.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks great! I put a VP on this truck back in Feb. (had an SO) and I wonder if it is actually an HO pump and not an SO pump like it was supposed to be. Is there any way to look at the pump and tell?

- Those are great numbers for an HO, Nice Job!!

GetAttachmentaspx-3.jpg
[/IMG]

thats sweet ! do you have a fuel only number ? my H.O. is still strong and twins are in the near future.

Thanks man. Fuel only last time was around the 526 mark. You can look on the top of your pump and there is a series of castings and part numbers. Oregon Fuel Injection has a site that shows the part numbers and you can find out by that site. It sucks cause every truck is so different even if they are closely built plus dynos can be off too

Thanks man. Fuel only last time was around the 526 mark. You can look on the top of your pump and there is a series of castings and part numbers. Oregon Fuel Injection has a site that shows the part numbers and you can find out by that site. It sucks cause every truck is so different even if they are closely built plus dynos can be off too

Yeah, i am gna look into this tonight. I really thought she would have made more than that... i am changing out injectors Friday to some of Westons 7x.012's, then dynoing at the Buckeye Blast Saturday.

Yeah. I thought the same that I should have made more. My buddy has a SO with Mach6s Super B Special over a S475 and made 623 on fuel only and runs 11.86@115 so I thought that mine would at least break 600. It just falls on its face around 2600rpms so I am pretty sure it can't move any more fuel. Going to try a SO pump here soon and see what the difference before I get a BIG pump. I might help once your injectors are set to the VP pressures too. I heard that that can make a big difference. Good luck man

Nice numbers. Figured with that setup you'd made more than that though. Definately hit Dunbar up when you get a chance. What transmission you running out of curiosity? I just dyno'd my '99 on Dunbar's a week or two ago with a single charger and my 146k mile original VP and did 608 hp & 1103 tq fuel only. I was pretty pleased with that. What are you running to push those Mach 7's?

Nice numbers. Figured with that setup you'd made more than that though. Definately hit Dunbar up when you get a chance. What transmission you running out of curiosity? I just dyno'd my '99 on Dunbar's a week or two ago with a single charger and my 146k mile original VP and did 608 hp & 1103 tq fuel only. I was pretty pleased with that. What are you running to push those Mach 7's?

I'm goin to try to get on Mass Diesel's Dyno this Saturday, Any complaints? opinions?

I am running an nv4500 w/ a SB 3850 Solid Hub clutch. I have 3.55 gears... i found it rather odd (wrong) that in order to get over 411 hp (after several 4th gear pulls), the truck had to be dyno'd in 5th gear.

I have a Fass150 with stock lines and tubes (sold my .093 lines & tubes).

I'm goin to try to get on Mass Diesel's Dyno this Saturday, Any complaints? opinions?

Never used or heard of anyone running on it in specific.

I am running an nv4500 w/ a SB 3850 Solid Hub clutch. I have 3.55 gears... i found it rather odd (wrong) that in order to get over 411 hp (after several 4th gear pulls), the truck had to be dyno'd in 5th gear.

Same trans, clutch, and gears. 5th gear is correct. It puts the most load on the engine. May be that the dyno you were on didn't load the truck enough to show/make more power.

I have a Fass150 with stock lines and tubes (sold my .093 lines & tubes).

Sounds good, but I meant programming. Selling your lines and tubes may be the best move you made there. Lines for sure. If nothing else get the edge filters out of your tubes. Having them drilled out to line size would be best but not a make or break deal.

Justr my $.02.

Who told you they were Don's "p-pump conversion" injectors? I tried to PM him about those, but he did not respond.

It's not the dyno.......... It's those injectors. They don't fuel very hard on a VP truck. Yeah, they ran well with Brandon's p-pumped 24v, but not so much with a VP supplying the fuel.

13.0@100 (those injectors) to 12.35@108 (an injector with a little more fuel). You do the math. I told you they wouldn't make impressive numbers on the dyno.

Just ordered a SO pump. Should be able to dyno next week to see the difference in pumps

Ben... SO pumps the part number engraved on the side end in 027 and the HO pumps end in 028.

Lavon

nice numbers. id think it would be a little higher to though with twins. i did 555/1054 with a single turbo and a SO pump.

Never used or heard of anyone running on it in specific.

Same trans, clutch, and gears. 5th gear is correct. It puts the most load on the engine. May be that the dyno you were on didn't load the truck enough to show/make more power.

Sounds good, but I meant programming. Selling your lines and tubes may be the best move you made there. Lines for sure. If nothing else get the edge filters out of your tubes. Having them drilled out to line size would be best but not a make or break deal.

Justr my $.02.

Drag comp.

Who told you they were Don's "p-pump conversion" injectors? I tried to PM him about those, but he did not respond.

True, does Brandon know any of the spec's?

It's not the dyno.......... It's those injectors. They don't fuel very hard on a VP truck. Yeah, they ran well with Brandon's p-pumped 24v, but not so much with a VP supplying the fuel.

13.0@100 (those injectors) to 12.35@108 (an injector with a little more fuel). You do the math. I told you they wouldn't make impressive numbers on the dyno.

Yeah they showed quite an obvious difference in your truck; hopefully thats the same in my case this Saturday.

Ben... SO pumps the part number engraved on the side end in 027 and the HO pumps end in 028.

Lavon

Thanks Lavon, i will be looking into that tonight.

Back