Dynoing for first time on Thursday

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
Any tips?

I'm finally getting my junk on the rollers, and have never dynoed anything before. Do you have any tips? I'm thinking about just having the guy that runs the dyno do it. I've got 4.10 gears with 35's, and I understand that most dyno runs are in 4th gear. The thing is I see higher boost #'s in 5th because it loads the motor more. Should I run it in 5th?

Mods are 98 12v 5sp 913 pump, 100 plate all the way forward, modded afc, P&P head with valve work, Helix II, DDP4's, and a SPS. Highest Boost #'s i see are around 50lbs.

Also what kind of #'s should I see from this setup so that I have a number to go by.

Thanks,
Corey

DDP4's and and SPS should make 500 plus...and you've got the cam and p+p... so you've got more than me!!

What have ya got for fuel supply? That should make 500hp if everything is up to spec!!

Up to spec and tuned well.

You've got to tune a 12v to get power.

You should be well over 500 if it's tuned well. People have done 525 with those sticks and tubo (no cam and P&P), but it was tuned well.

What have ya got for fuel supply? That should make 500hp if everything is up to spec!!

Just a new stock lift pump.

Up to spec and tuned well.

You've got to tune a 12v to get power.

You should be well over 500 if it's tuned well. People have done 525 with those sticks and tubo (no cam and P&P), but it was tuned well.

I think i am going to tighten my afc up alittle bit before the dyno as it's kinda smokey on the bottom end.

I thought you always wanted a 1.1 ratio gear so on a 5speed wouldn't that be 4th?

Yes it would be. With 1.1 ratio will get true TQ numbers and with pull in 5th get higher HP numbers. Had same results on my 01' 6-speed and 98' auto.

subscribed.... ill be happy to see wat #'s you run????

im going for almost same setup... just cant decide between 64/71/14 or 62/71/14 and im gettin 435s soon!!!

Just got off the dyno to a 378hp, and 844tq reading. I'll post the sheets later but something definitely was not right. It was a mustang dyno, and he put the load rating in at 74500 instead of 7500lbs. It was all it could do to make the full pull to 60 mph in 4th gear. It probably hit 50lbs of boost by 17-1800 rpm in 4th and took 10-15 secs to complete the run after it hit 2000 rpm. I'm not real impressed. Granted this is my first time dynoing but it bogged the motor down real bad and had smoke rolling off the tires after the pull and didn't go near as quick as any of the dyno vids i have seen.

DYNO1.jpg

DYNO1_0001.jpg

Did I read that right.... 74,500 load setting:doh:

I thought it should be 7- 10,000.