Dynoing for first time on Thursday

Mustang dyno with an operator that KNOWS what he is doing can be a valuable tuning tool and very accurate. In the hands of an idiot it is useless.

You only made one pull? I hope they did not charge you anything for the stupidity.:doh:

Did I read that right.... 74,500 load setting:doh:

I thought it should be 7- 10,000.

That is correct!

Mustang dyno with an operator that KNOWS what he is doing can be a valuable tuning tool and very accurate. In the hands of an idiot it is useless.

You only made one pull? I hope they did not charge you anything for the stupidity.:doh:

It was a free dyno, thats why i didnt complain much. I knew something was up when it took FOREVER to complete the run and my rear tires were smoking. I shoulda quit after that, thats as hard as the ol girls been pulled!

That is correct!

It was a free dyno, thats why i didnt complain much. I knew something was up when it took FOREVER to complete the run and my rear tires were smoking. I shoulda quit after that, thats as hard as the ol girls been pulled!

LOL Well free is good, but if that weight was a factor of the load (which it should be) you did pretty good to just spin the rollers.:hehe: :hehe:

ya it was all it wanted, much more and I don't think it would have got it done!

LOL Well free is good, but if that weight was a factor of the load (which it should be) you did pretty good to just spin the rollers.:hehe: :hehe:

:hehe: i was thinking the same thing.. good job to even roll the rollers.. :thankyou2:

That's dang near max gross for a big rig 18 wheeler! I'll bet you missed some HP because of the tire spin. A lighter loaded dyno would have had much better numbers.

That's dang near max gross for a big rig 18 wheeler! I'll bet you missed some HP because of the tire spin. A lighter loaded dyno would have had much better numbers.

I was a little disappointed in the #'s, but I didn't know any better as this was the first time I have ever dynoed

Yes it would be. With 1.1 ratio will get true TQ numbers and with pull in 5th get higher HP numbers. Had same results on my 01' 6-speed and 98' auto.

there's still going to be torque modification through the axle reduction, so what exactly is "true torque"?

there's still going to be torque modification through the axle reduction, so what exactly is "true torque"?

And torque modification from the height of the tire.

I guess measuring at the crank is the best "true torque". Then again, a motor making the same HP with a slightly thinner output shaft will read higher torque too.

I guess there is no "TRUE TORQUE"